21 days old

Butch T
7 Pot Bubblegum

Just been watering them about every 2 days. Should I start fertilizing them already?

They are in some Vigoro potting soil. Mixed in a little perlite. Mixed in a dozen or so bbs of Osmocote smart release plant food in the soil under the roots.

Do you have a fan on them?  What is the light and temp situation?  First true leaves always seem to take FOREVER to get past.   

NeedsWork said:
Do you have a fan on them?  What is the light and temp situation?  First true leaves always seem to take FOREVER to get past.
Have 2 lights going. Fan is up and running.

How would I check the temp?

Agree with just letting them go. This is the hardest part. They are doing so much root development under the soil that you don't see, and sometimes it is frustrating how long it takes to jump from first leaves to adolescent plant. 

Overall they look like healthy little suckers. At this point I normally do the first quell of double seeded plants, picking the strongest of the two plants that are in the same containers. As a matter of fact, I just did that on mine yesterday 

MaggedOut said:
Have 2 lights going. Fan is up and running.

How would I check the temp?

My general purpose temperature sensor is a meat thermometer repurposed for soil temps and ambient air temps. I just leave the thermo. tipped upside down under the lights so that I can see the temp. in the room when I want in. If I want to check soil temps I stick it into the pots/cups and let it linger for 20 minutes until it normalizes. Easy and cheap solution to make sure you aren't cooking you peppers. 

I know everyone says less is more. But they do need some nutrition. But keep it simple and keep it minimal. And not every watering but every 4th or so watering. Of course the size of the plant greatly depends on what type it is. Here is a picture of one of my Bhut's  This plant was a hook coming out of a peet pellet 38 days ago. I just took this photo and the pot you can hardly see under it is a 2 gallon pot
HMhVvSF.jpg

I know everyone says less is more. But they do need some nutrition. But keep it simple and keep it minimal. And not every watering but every 4th or so watering. Of course the size of the plant greatly depends on what type it is. Here is a picture of one of my Bhut's  This plant was a hook coming out of a peet pellet 38 days ago. I just took this photo and the pot you can hardly see under it is a 2 gallon pot
HMhVvSF.jpg
Beautiful plant. Wish my guys looked that healthy.

Back