event 2nd Annual New England Regional Chili Cookoff

Rockville Bank presents the 2nd Annual New England Regional Chili Cookoff
May 3, 2008 will welcome more than 40 Chili Cooks from across the country to Pleasant View in Somers, Ct as they compete for an opportunity to represent the New England Regional Chili Cookoff at the World Competition later this year.
Rockville Bank in celebration of their 150th anniversary is proud to be the major sponsor of The New England Regional Chili Cookoff!
The event will benefit the Enfield Food Shelf.
The New England Regional Chili Cookoff had a long history in Somers, CT in the 80's and 90's. Then the event had been held in Woburn, MA for the past several years. But,now it is back in CT. Sanctioned and governed by the International Chili Society, cooks will compete in Red Chili, Chili Verde and Salsa categories. There will also be non-ICS categories for a Youth Division for kids under 18 years of age and People's Choice Chili that the public will vote the best. Cash awards totaling $2500 will be distributed to winning teams.
Steve Falkowski 1997 World Champion is Chief Judge and 2007 World Champion is special guest judge and will greet the public.
Governor Rell has officially proclaimed May 3,2008 as "New England Regional Chili Cookoff Day in Connecticut"!
The event is open to the public from 11am to 4pm. Tasting kits will be sold at the gate for $5.00 and two canned goods per adult, kids under 10 free. Live entertainment featuring local talent Acoustic Rick and the New England Regional Chili Cookoff All Star Band will take the stage. Food vendors and crafters will be on hand. A hot pepper eating contest will be sure to heat things up!
Whether you come to cook or sample the best chili in the world, or just come to spectate this will be fun filled family day. Come out on May 3rd to Pleasant View 452 South Rd/RT.83 in Somers, CT and support the Enfield Food Shelf.
*For more information,www.chilict.com or madmike@chilict.com

DefCon Rocks!

DEFCON Creator said:
Who knows, with Defcon on hand, perhaps a Deathmatch just might break out.
We are eagerly anitcipating meeting you guys and watching the grueling Death Match unfold!
Mad love
Mad Mike:onfire:

Hey Mike I am spectating but hell if a Death Wing match goes up then I will be competing....
I am going to a chili cook off in Madison this Saturday night. I think its more of a benefit but since we are expecting 8"s of snow it might be just right for the night.

Mike

Terrific hope everything goes right and we'll see you and your wife there.

Klyth -- Tasting kits will be sold at the gate for $5.00 and two canned goods per adult, kids under 10 free. --- from up top ;)

Well, the trailer is loaded, and I'm only at work for about another hour. Connecticut here we come! Luckydog, perhaps you'll hang out with all of us tonight at the "pre-party". Get a hold of Mad Mike for the name fo the place. I see beer in my near future!

Back