• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

3.5" Pots...

POTAWIE said:
They look strong but expensive

I agree. At $.26 they are expensive. I would only need say 54 of them so that would be $14.04 before shipping. I guess I just like the idea of having more dirt in the same amount of horizontal space.

yesterday I bought two trays of 18 with the bottom tray for $2 each but they are very flimsy and not the quality that your selection showed. Its seems like their should be a middle ground in the market for hobbyists. I am going to resort to using clear plastic cups from where I work because I snatch the used ones for free. Gross I know but I like to think of it as pre-cycling.

I can't see much use for them unless I'm growing large flowers to sell. I'm using 3" sq. and 3" deep pots and they are more than large enough for my plants. Not to mention buying 500+ of those would be a bit of change (and some folding money!)

Mike

Hey Josh, I actually just ordered a bunch of pots and trays from them Friday and spoke with the head dude there who talked me out of those pots. He said that they are more top heavy and don't sit well in the trays. He instead suggested a cheaper pot, quoting that they were better suited for my (our) needs.

Here is what I got, the 3.5 inch square pot item # P86 and I actually bought them in bulk, since it was even cheaper. About 11 cents per pot instead of 17 cents per pot.
http://www.growerssolution.com/page/GS/PROD/roundgreenhousepots/P86

Here is the difference in price when buying in bulk:
http://www.growerssolution.com/page/GS/PROD/Squaregreenhousepots/P86Case

Along with the 1020 trays.

I hope that I'm not confussing, I haven't had any coffee yet.

I decided to try something new this year for my outdoor potted plants.
I purchased a lot of 50 5 Gallon grow bags for 27$ shipped to the door. They're supposed to remain upright and have predrilled drainage holes. I plan on having less than 50 potted plants. They're supposed to be reusable and I guess I'll find out soon enough.
77hydro-store_2044_730675

If anyone wants to trade me for a couple of these....(5 gallon nursery pots)
nurserypotsstandardthumb.jpg
I'll be happy see what's better :)

Pepperfreak said:
Hey Josh, I actually just ordered a bunch of pots and trays from them Friday and spoke with the head dude there who talked me out of those pots. He said that they are more top heavy and don't sit well in the trays. He instead suggested a cheaper pot, quoting that they were better suited for my (our) needs.

I hope that I'm not confussing, I haven't had any coffee yet.

PF,
Not confusing at all. The stability was actually my main concern. I assume the problem is that they go from 3.5" square at the top to 2.5" at the bottom. Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I will just stick with the standard 3.5" pots.
How much was the shipping on your order?
Thanks again,
Josh

Josh said:
PF,
Not confusing at all. The stability was actually my main concern. I assume the problem is that they go from 3.5" square at the top to 2.5" at the bottom. Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I will just stick with the standard 3.5" pots.
How much was the shipping on your order?
Thanks again,
Josh

I think Shipping was around $13 for UPS Ground. I was really pleased with their customer service.

groeatrepeat said:
I found these pots for 13 cents each if you buy 100

That is actually where I purchased my square pots for this season. I just got excited about deeper pots that took up the same amount of horizontal room. I figured more room for growth the better. Thanks none the less.

Josh said:
That is actually where I purchased my square pots for this season. I just got excited about deeper pots that took up the same amount of horizontal room. I figured more room for growth the better. Thanks none the less.

How are they working for you? I was considering buying some from there for next year's season.

it seems the 3" containers I am transplanting to are not common...they are p80 size and most of what you see in the "3 inch range" is the P86s...or at least that is what I have found...

AlabamaJack said:
it seems the 3" containers I am transplanting to are not common...they are p80 size and most of what you see in the "3 inch range" is the P86s...or at least that is what I have found...

What is the difference? Is it in the dimensions or the thickness of the plastic?
Thanks,
Josh

I think it is just size of the pot...not sure Josh...

Back