• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

3 Cotyledon leaves?

After 2 seasons of not getting true Carolina Reapers, I bought seeds from the source. Puckerbutt seed company. I planted a tray of seeds, 2 per cell.. one of the sprouts has 3 cotyledon (hope thats the word in thinking) instead of 2.. is this a normal random occurance, or does this mean its a different type of pepper altogether?

27DQCQg.jpg

Ok. I grew 6 cells worth, 2 seeds per. Im going to be taking the 3 strongest and giving them the DWC treatment. First one to give me true pods gets cloned. Just wasnt sure if the 3 leaf one would be wasting a spot

LordHill said:
Ok. I grew 6 cells worth, 2 seeds per. Im going to be taking the 3 strongest and giving them the DWC treatment. First one to give me true pods gets cloned. Just wasnt sure if the 3 leaf one would be wasting a spot
Nice, so which nutes do you use with dwc? Have you tried the blue planet nutrients high yield system yet?

This will also be my first try at DWC.. i have fox farm nutes I believe. Bought a dwc setup. Ph meter. Ppm meter. This will be my winter project.. and now I will be looking into blue planet nutes.. always open to suggestions :)

I could have saved money on the dwc if i made my own, which I will on the next one, but i wanted one first, then I will see what I can improve on and such

LordHill said:
This will also be my first try at DWC.. i have fox farm nutes I believe. Bought a dwc setup. Ph meter. Ppm meter. This will be my winter project.. and now I will be looking into blue planet nutes.. always open to suggestions :)
I could have saved money on the dwc if i made my own, which I will on the next one, but i wanted one first, then I will see what I can improve on and such
I've done dwc in the past, just not for vegetables :). First thing I got out of hydro was how expensive the nutes cost. Once I found blue planet, I realized how bad I was getting jabbed for the cost of nutes. Check them out and you will save big $$ with enormous crop gains.

These peppers LOVE seaweed and I give mine 2.5ml per gallon of water as I light feed every water. In dwc your peppers will explode!

Good deal on the nutes, I will definitelly look into them for my next purchase. Not sure if exploding pepper plants is a good thing or not.. if it works well then I will want to expand the operation and I dont know how the little woman will like that lol

Back