3 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Ovens

Enameled dutch oven cookware has gained in popularity in the past 5 years or so, imho.  And for good reason.  Easy cleanup, oven/stovetop use, braising potential, etc.  We love our enameled dutch ovens. We also have cast iron dutch ovens for camping.  For camping we have made everything from pizza to pineapple up-side-down cake.  The indoor ovens we like to braise meats in red wine and also do a great garlic and shallot chicken dish that goes well at the table with your favorite homemade hot sauce.  With this dish, the carmelized chicken pieces at the edge of the pot are what I look for.

Happy for you, try not to let the pots go. Enjoy!

Jim

chiltepin said:
Enameled dutch oven cookware has gained in popularity in the past 5 years or so, imho.  And for good reason.  Easy cleanup, oven/stovetop use, braising potential, etc.  We love our enameled dutch ovens. We also have cast iron dutch ovens for camping.  For camping we have made everything from pizza to pineapple up-side-down cake.  The indoor ovens we like to braise meats in red wine and also do a great garlic and shallot chicken dish that goes well at the table with your favorite homemade hot sauce.  With this dish, the carmelized chicken pieces at the edge of the pot are what I look for.

Happy for you, try not to let the pots go. Enjoy!

Jim
I collected CI several years ago and it became an obsession. I joined the best forum for CI collectors much like this forum for pepper enthusiasts. I learned allot what to look for and assembled pieces that I would use to cook with and I have lots of old Griswold, Wagner and Lodge skillets, DO's, griddles etc......I picked up an old late 1800's Griswold round griddle that makes the best pizza ever. I have several pieces(skillets, DO's) from the early 1900's that I use as well. IHMO nothing beats quality CI for cooking. One thing I do want to add to my kitchen collection is a Carbon Steel Skillet . I have a couple of old woks that are carbon steel and just like CI become non stick over the years of use (seasoned). I was never one of those guys who collected it to turn it over to sell. I always bought pieces that I would use in the kitchen.

I bought a $100 CSS with copper bottom 30 years ago, worst thing I got, everything stuck to it. reminds me of some of the pro pans on cooking shows were they have a inch of butter in the pan and the steak still stuck lol.

Here they are

Attachments

• DO's.jpg
    DO's.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 93
dragonsfire said:
I bought a $100 CSS with copper bottom 30 years ago, worst thing I got, everything stuck to it. reminds me of some of the pro pans on cooking shows were they have a inch of butter in the pan and the steak still stuck lol.
did you season it before using the skillet ?

I guess I have a css wok for the past 30 years. Got it in the 80's. No pans, however, only CI which I use regularly.

de Buyer is what to look for? I've got matfer and mauviel items but not a fry pan.

Just recently purchased my first Griswold No. 9 Erie.

chiltepin said:
I guess I have a css wok for the past 30 years. Got it in the 80's. No pans, however, only CI which I use regularly.

de Buyer is what to look for? I've got matfer and mauviel items but not a fry pan.

Just recently purchased my first Griswold No. 9 Erie.
the Erie's are the best CI 

Back