• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

34 degrees tonight

.... actually, my season doesn't start until June, then quickly ends by the end of September unless the weather is unusually warm, peppers are strictly a indoor container plant except for the best of summer nights.
Last week we had 22C temperatures and I put my containered plants out for about 6 hours for two days, then the cool winds started to blow and large volumes of leaves just dropped of my tepin (note to myself, tepin really hates any change in weather).

Ciao PF-

I'm growing my lettuces like you are and they are rather thick. My Sea of Red lettuce is only about an inch tall right now so I'm going to let it grow some more before I do anything about it. It's not a heading type lettuce, more like a cut and come again type so I may not thin it at all. I'll have to see. This is my first time growing this variety (Renee's Garden if you're interested). The Arugula is about 3" now so I can start harvesting leaves pretty soon. I don't think I'm going to thin the Arugula, though, because this is the good stuff, before the flea beetles arrive and start their target shooting. I have Daikon radishes growing as well and for those, I'm definitely going to be thinning so I can get some big roots. I think I'll be putting radish sprouts in salads for the next little while.

BC, your weather is just gross. Keep it in Alberta where it belongs. Yuck.

Back