• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

35C+ temps

We are having 35C temps everyday right now and I noticed that my 4 week old batch of seedlings are not growing as fast as they should be. I still use the same brand of seed starter and the seedling are located on the same area where I always start seeds.

Does 35C+ temps affects the growth of nightshades? Even my eggplants and stunned!

Hello SL! I am having the same problem too. Some of my plants died because of the heat.
I used to think that chillies like the hot temperature. I guess im wrong. My remaining plants are stunted and they have dried tips.

If it's too hot or too cold it will shock the plant causing growth to slow considerably, probably what's happening.
Peppers are warm season crops that grow best at temperatures of 20-27C during the day and 15-20C during the night.

Optimum temp, 24 celcius.

They like the odd scorcher but prolonged high temps really seem to take it out of them and us.

thanks nova. 24C mid day max temp is only possible in my area during Jan and Feb.

if this is the case, I reeeeaaaalllly need to invest on a net house to filter the scorching sun.

can't really comment since my plants are fine. aside from the fact that i need to be on top of the heat and water them a little twice a day to keep them from wilting to death.

Closer to 40C here in South Thailand, I had my seedlings under a shade tent but that didn't work out. Now they get full sun until 9.30 am then under the shade of a tree for the rest of the day.

Back