• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3rrorist's first grow log

Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first grow log.

This is my first year gardening in general and I have an awesome garden going right now, but this topic will focus on hot pepper seeds that were given to be by user megahot (thanks again!).

I am aware that it is too late in the season to start seeds and grow plants outdoors. I plan on germinating the seeds outdoors and allowing them to grow for a little while, then I will move them indoors under this light.

My first seed has germinated, a romy6 7 pod jonah (picture taken 07/20/2013)

(picture taken 07/20/2013)

I really enjoy this site and will keep you guys updated on my progress. I also welcome any advice.

Thanks

3rrorist said:
Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first grow log.

This is my first year gardening in general and I have an awesome garden going right now, but this topic will focus on hot pepper seeds that were given to be by user megahot (thanks again!).

I am aware that it is too late in the season to start seeds and grow plants outdoors. I plan on germinating the seeds outdoors and allowing them to grow for a little while, then I will move them indoors under this light.

My first seed has germinated, a romy6 7 pod jonah (picture taken 07/20/2013)

(picture taken 07/20/2013)

It will be interesting to see what those rocks produce.

Welcome!!

FYI -- None of these seeds/seedlings survived. I got busy during the end of summer and didn't take care of these plants and everything died. Most things in my regular garden succumbed to various fungi. I only have two banana pepper plants that survived and I moved them inside yesterday. 

I ordered this light for them (It should get here tomorrow):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A3679T6/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered two 7 gallon Smart Pots to transfer them into. 

This will be their new home:

I might get some mylar for the set up if you guys think that would be a good idea. 

Also! I tilled up a new garden plot at a new location this weekend. It is ~1500 sq ft (compared to last year's 750 sq ft) and it will receive full sun. I'll post pictures next weekend when I go back to the location. 

Sorry about your plants not surviving. Using Mylar would be a great idea. You cab use emergency blankets at Walmart and they are cheap.
Best of luck moving ahead.

Thanks for the emergency blanket tip! That will definitely be cheaper than the mylar on a roll options I looked into.

Oh, sorry, just noticed the first post was from the summer.

Do you have a grow light?  Will you be starting plants this winter?

I ordered the iPower 400w

Spicegeist said:
Oh, sorry, just noticed the first post was from the summer.

Do you have a grow light?  Will you be starting plants this winter?
I ordered the iPower 400w light, it will arrive tomorrow.

I don't know if I will be starting any plants this winter or not. I do plan on starting ALL of my plants for next years garden indoors though. I will probably buy something like this to start my seeds early next spring. 

Spicegeist said:
Ok, but to get decent harvests on the superhots in your climate zone it is advisable to start them during the winter.
What month do you suggest I start superhot seeds indoors in my zone?

Also, do you guys suggest I get something like this to start my seeds in?
http://parkseed.com/parks-original-60-cell-bio-dome-seed-starter/p/06529/

I have never started seeds indoors, but I plan to start all my regular garden plants from seed indoors sometime this spring. Last year I bought seedlings from a nursery in early May and direct sowed some stuff. 

One way to do some research is to check out the first pages of some of the more updated glogs.  I'm thinking I'll start mine in December or January.

3rrorist said:
What month do you suggest I start superhot seeds indoors in my zone?

Also, do you guys suggest I get something like this to start my seeds in?
http://parkseed.com/parks-original-60-cell-bio-dome-seed-starter/p/06529/

I have never started seeds indoors, but I plan to start all my regular garden plants from seed indoors sometime this spring. Last year I bought seedlings from a nursery in early May and direct sowed some stuff.
It usually depends on your last frost date and how long of a grow season you would have.

Mine are already started for a March date with the dirt weather permitting, just got a few breaking through this week.

My goal is 1' high or better at the 2 weeks past last frost date. This year, my first growing supers, I started too late (Feb) and they are just now loaded due to the summer heat. Don't want to grow this long next season. I'll probably wind up pinching before I plant, we'll see.

Good luck!

Back