3x3x4

I am going to try a 3 on 3 off light cycle to better maintain heat and total day night cycles in the grow room. heat gets up to the high 9os during the on period and down to the mid 70s during the night cycle with 6 on 6 off. maybe I can get things to more of an 80s average all the time.

Anyone ever try this before?

you cant ventilate the heat to adjacent rooms?

its impossible to say without studying the room... interior room with less heat gain/loss will loose/gain less heat than a room on an exterior wall. ceiling insulation.... slab insulation, windows etc all effect this figure.

queequeg152 said:
you cant ventilate the heat to adjacent rooms?

its impossible to say without studying the room... interior room with less heat gain/loss will loose/gain less heat than a room on an exterior wall. ceiling insulation.... slab insulation, windows etc all effect this figure.
It is a basement corner room insulated all around. one window stuffed with insulation to eliminate condensation on glass and water accumulation on windowsill.

There were a few threads last year featuring seedlings of 4" height, blooming prematurely... the one thing all these growers had in common was that their plants had nearly identical day and night temperatures.

A difference of 5-10°F, the night being the cooler period, might avoid this problem. I don't know what the effect might be on mature plants being overwintered.

Not an over wintering room, I have 2 one year old brown morugas that are flowering and podding while not in great numbers it is still a plus. The consideration for the suggested day/night cycle is not with the interest of fruiting adult plants but maintaining a germination temp for the "16" start. 70s is too low for super hots where as 85-90 is perfect.

Back