• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic 49.6°C: Deadly Canada heat wave shatters temperature records | DW News

Yup, Luton town wiped out in 15min due to winds. Got 50km winds here right now (37c in the shade at present) AC cant get temps below 28c in my place.

People staying in, not hearing anything bad happening. Still 37c in the shade at my place. tomorrows high will be 33c probably from the smoke of the fires.,,, just checking now their saying rain tonight with thunderstorms. 80% of the time it does not rain when they say it does (being generous of the percentage).

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Speaking of which SL, how's everything in your neck of the woods? I see its cooled off a bit recently.
Thanks for asking. We hit 113F, omak hit 116F which was a record for the state. Work has been crazy. We have had conduit in ditches, setting meter bases, all outside. I nixed work on the worst day, and the rest of the days, it is start early-ish and bail out by 10:00-11:00.

That firestorm that hit Lytton is reminicent of the 2014 Carlton Complex Firestorm that raced down the Methow and hit Pateros like a freight train. They had minutes to get out also. Miraculously there was no loss of life.

I pray everyone gets thru this weekend with no fires started by fireworks.

dragonsfire said:
Whats concerning is the Sun has been asleep for about 5 years and this year sunspots are reappearing regularly now and erupting, grazing Earth at times, also many Volcanoes erupting too this year. Dont believe in coincidents.

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr. Raymond Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddmore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - MASS HYSTERIA

https://youtu.be/-sED4fzIV0k

:lol: and somewhere i have a picture of the cat and the dog, not tearing each to pieces, laying by the fire....

Must be the end of days....

salsalady said:
:lol: and somewhere i have a picture of the cat and the dog, not tearing each to pieces, laying by the fire....

Must be the end of days....

Above had me remembering  below...

catdogdancing-300x225.jpg

What's odd is at the same time that happened, we've had a kill-off of tropical reef fish due to colder weather and water. 62*F water in South Florida in late June.

A wildfire started friday just outside Winthrop from an irrigation pump. Not sure all the details. Level 3 evacs and over the weekend they had an AQI of something like 764! We are at about 1 mile visibility.

Just got expanded level 3 evac to the community of Mazama.

Y'all stay safe!

DF, where is your smoke coming from? And dont say the Traeger!!! Lol.

salsalady said:
Y'all stay safe!

DF, where is your smoke coming from? And dont say the Traeger!!! Lol.

I'm on the East Coast & the weather person reports the fog this morning is heavier this morning due to the smoke from the West Coast.

Can't you Left Coast people do anything right?

Seriously, we've had the  coldest/wettest July on record & the other side of the country is in a  historic heat wave/drought.... A little moderation would be beneficial.....

Reactions: Bou
Back