• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

5 of the same!

I'm confused here! Are Bhut Jolokia, Bih Jolokia, Naga Morich and Dorset Naga, Bhut Jolokia and Bih Jolokia the same? I'm growing all of the above! :oops:
Sorry If this is a daft question!

The dorset naga was selectively bred from naga morich crop. The others likely all originated from the same species but evolved slightly different in seperate growing regions.

Look at it like this....whether they are the same or not, you are going to have a bunch of down right fiery peppers...I am also growing the same as you....

What zone in Spain are you? More direct question is when are you going to transplant outside?

No frost here yet, but can't risk putting them out until mid march. Still all little seedlings though, snug in my greenhouse!

I am in North Texas zone 7b and the planned planting date is 17-21 March so we will be planting relatively close to the same time...will be interesting to compare notes on this years NagaBhutDorsetBih pepper(s)...:lol:

Different size pods, different number of flowers per node and some even say different taste.
Doesn't seem like the same plant to me.

I agree with Potawie on this. There appears, from various reports, to be some genetic variability in these plants, and I suspect we'll see yet more new strains stabilized from the parent stock.

I see it like tomatoes ...
there are hundreds of types that I can get seed for and last year I grew 34 types and planted them in a long row to see what the differences were and there were some that you could pick out of the rest but most were the same .
a roma and a beefsteak are worlds apart but better boy and starfire are the same.
just like a hab compares to a jalapeno but there are 4 or 5 habs that come to mind that are almost the same

Back