event 5th Annual Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire

Wow, I'm really surprised that no one has posted info on this over here...

5th Annual Weekend of Fire
Jungle Jim's International Market Oscar Event Center
5440 Dixie Highway
Fairfield, Ohio 45014

Saturday, October 1 - 10am to 8pm
Sunday, October 2 - 11am to 5pm

Here’s one wild weekend with hot food and cool entertainment! Lots of great "hot" people (hot food makers, bloggers and chileheads) come out for samples, fun, contests, prizes, and great crowds to fill The Oscar Event Center at Jungle Jim’s on October 1st and 2nd.

It's historically had the best turnout from the bloggers and hardcore online chileheads due to its relatively central location for both East Coasters and Midwesterners, but it's well worth it for anyone in the country to make the trip to see this show.

For this weekend only, you can sample and purchase foods from all over the country. Hot and fiery or mild and meek; you choose your favorites and can buy enough to last. Hot sauces, BBQ sauces, salsas, rubs and all sorts of spicy foods will be available – and there’s more! In The Arena of Fire, wild and wacky contests will begin on Saturday and run hourly until the show ends on Sunday. This includes the famous Defcon Deathmatch National Wing-Eating Championship. And new this year, you can go outdoors; located by the Monorail Station, there will be food, drinks and fun for everyone!

Link: http://www.junglejims.com/weekendoffire/index.asp

I was looking forward to this. Why does it have to be on my wedding day?
Awwwww, come on, it IS a 2-day event! LOL - there's always next year, and you can go to the festival in Bowers this year, instead.

Since this got wiped out, I'm going to repost my comments on going to Jungle Jim's International Market this past weekend - my first time there. Wow. What an amazing place - it was HUGE, and the selection was HUGE. Their wine selection alone was larger than any I've seen, even at a wine specialty store. Cheese? OMG. And yes, it truly is an international market, as they have stuff from all over the globe. The Weekend of Fire will be fantabulous, but you will also want to check out the market - WOW. Prices are reasonable, but I could easily spend a paycheck there, just because I want it ALL!

{ Sound of crickets chirruping.....}

Okay - this event is only a couple weekends away, and NO ONE else is posting here! Am I the only one from this site who will be there?!?! Anyone who got rained out of the Bowers festival should surely come along!

I'll be there, as well as representatives from ILoveItSpicy.com, HotSauceDaily.com, TheHotZoneOnline.com, PeppersandMore.com and ChiliPepperMadness.com! Should be a kickass show! :dance:

Well, setup is 95% done. Myself and Maggie are running on fumes, so we are now relaxing at the hotel for a little while before returning to Jungle Jims for the hospitality bar to meet up with everyone around 5pm. To be honest with you, I think this Defcon booth may well be the best one we've set up to date, it came out friggin' awesome, pics to follow. Anyway, here is a list of tomorrow's events:

JungleJims20111.jpg

Haha I will be there albeit riding solo because my friends don't trust hot food after I have abused them one too many times... I have to leave before the wing contest kicks off, will the sauce used for the wings be for sale?

Well, setup is 95% done. Myself and Maggie are running on fumes, so we are now relaxing at the hotel for a little while before returning to Jungle Jims for the hospitality bar to meet up with everyone around 5pm. To be honest with you, I think this Defcon booth may well be the best one we've set up to date, it came out friggin' awesome, pics to follow. Anyway, here is a list of tomorrow's events:

JungleJims20111.jpg

Get a rest, then get some beer. Say hi to Maggie for me. Good luck this weekend, and burn 'em up!

Looking forward to it!!! Gonna be leaving out of my house around 8 am will be at the show by 11:30 maybe 12 at the latest!!!!!!!

I have to leave before the wing contest kicks off, will the sauce used for the wings be for sale?
Nope. The sauce used is mixed at the Deathmatch table, for everyone's enjoyment (except the contestants). I did make up a few ZERO Sludges to sell for the weekend. It's the lastest incarnation of the stuff, and is definitely the hottest version yet.

Get a rest, then get some beer. Say hi to Maggie for me. Good luck this weekend, and burn 'em up!
Thanks man. We hung with everyone last night for a while, did some shopping at Jungle Jims, and just crashed. Today should be fun.

Just got back from Weekend of Fire!! Had a great time! Met some really cool people and tasted some great products!! There was everything there from the weakest to the unbelievably HOT to the sweetest and everythin in between!! I ate everything from Crazy Uncle Jester "the Jester" to Defcon Zero to Cajohn's Black Mamba to Race City's Pandemic made with 16 Million crystaline to Heartbreaking Dawns 1498 Cauterizer (All Trinidad Scorpian) and his awesome Ghost Pepper Chocolate Chip Cookies and Bhut Jolokia Brownies!!! I even ate a Trinidad Scorpian when i stopped by CaJohns Booth!! One vendor to definately be on the lookout for is Blaze Gourmet Sauces whose Sweet-N-Hot Mango Hot Sauce was out of this world and keep an eye out for his newest creation Cranberry Love which is comming out soon (I do have a "pre-release" bottle that I will be doing a review on)! Bald Eagle Food got me with their Buck in Rut Extreme Horseradish, I have NEVER had a horseradish hit me like that and have such a great flavor!!! Some of the best BBQ sauces my daughter and I found were from Ole Ray's Sauces(which a few made it home with me). A bottle of Cajun Island's Blackened Bourbon Sauce is also here on my table as well! All the vendors there had great sauces, these were just a few of my favorites!!

The Defcon Deathmatch was great like always!! 2011 Defcon Deathmatch champ Mark Ennis. Steve "The Machine" Smallwood took second place, while David "Hudd" Huddleston took third.

Back