• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

6 inch vs. 8 - 10 inch netpot

Hi All,

Wouldn't a 6 inch netpot be sufficient in a DWC since the roots grow into the reservoir? Why use a bigger netpot? Thanks.

Regards,
Edward

I've been playing around with the 6 inch mesh and haven't had any issues yet with them. I see more 6 inch bucket tops than I do anything else for the DWC setups. My guess, 10 inch would be for having multiple plants or a one tree haha

-J

I had always read that because of the width of the stems on tomatoes and for stability to use the larger pots 8", or the whole bucket cover 10" but for peppers I always had used 6"

effectively, one could use twist ties, anything to support the plant stem and root start above the water nutrient. all i use are mini yogurt cups that i sliced in slots. i have had hot lemons 2 feet tall and a cherry tomato plant almost 3 feet until i finally moved it to soil.

only recently did i fill the mini yogurt containers with clean pea gravel, prior to that i just let the plant sit in its starter rockwool, of which being so cheap, i cut my 1" rockwool cube in half, and that i drop into the cup.

Back