• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce 6 sauces coming my way!

Let me tell you something that sux being an Australian visiting these forums - reading about so many delicious sounding and looking hot sauces but not having access to those sauces.
Postage on a bottle of sauce or 2 from USA to Aus makes the price of the sauce unreasonable.

My wife is heading to LA tomorrow morning for a conference, and I have an order of 6 hot sauces being delivered to her hotel. So in about 10 days she will be returning home with my first opportunity to try some amazing sauces and I am so freaking excited!

Here's what I ordered:

Lucky Dog Pink Label
Lucky Dog Black Label
Lucky Dog Dia Del Perro
Hellfire Devils Gold
Smokehaus Blues
Char Man Caribbean Hot Sauce

There were still so many more that I wanted to order! Might still order some more...

Somatic said:
Let me tell you something that sux being an Australian visiting these forums - reading about so many delicious sounding and looking hot sauces but not having access to those sauces.
Postage on a bottle of sauce or 2 from USA to Aus makes the price of the sauce unreasonable.

My wife is heading to LA tomorrow morning for a conference, and I have an order of 6 hot sauces being delivered to her hotel. So in about 10 days she will be returning home with my first opportunity to try some amazing sauces and I am so freaking excited!

Here's what I ordered:

Lucky Dog Pink Label
Lucky Dog Black Label
Lucky Dog Dia Del Perro
Hellfire Devils Gold
Smokehaus Blues
Char Man Caribbean Hot Sauce

There were still so many more that I wanted to order! Might still order some more...

Thank you for your support! Did you order from Heat?  Just curious - I've had both the Char Man & the BTH Smokehaus Blues, and both are very tasty sauces. Really hope you enjoy the Lucky Dog!  
:cheers: 

There are plenty (<--- that's an understatement, more like tons!) of Aussie sauces I’d like to try, so I’m in the same boat. If you haven’t already, check out some of these - (you already know about the Hippy Seed Co. seeing your fav. sauce is from them in your profile… you probably know of the others, but I’ll list them anyways as others may not) I've heard and read nothing but good things for their sauces and other products/services – all good people! There are some online Aussie sites that carry/sell sauces from the US, perhaps not some of the lesser known smaller companies, but they do carry some of the more usually known sauces.

Also check out the user Shorerider from the forums here, he makes sauces down under- everyone seems to highly enjoy them as well!   :D

http://thechillifactory.com/chilli-chili-chile-shop-sauces
http://junglerain.com.au/product/gourmet-chilli-sauces
http://thehippyseedcompany.com/product-category/chilli-sauce/

Cheers!

Yea I ordered from Heat in Berkley, great range and a well designed online store. I found some of the other online hot sauce stores not anywhere near as well designed, and hard to navigate.
The descriptions that I read of your Lucky Dog sauces, sorry I don't know your name, take it to the next level. So I'm really looking forward to trying them.
And yes I agree that we have some great sauces here. I'm working my way through as many as possible! So little time and money, yet so many sauces!

20150927_132408.jpg

SR.

Somatic said:
Yea I ordered from Heat in Berkley, great range and a well designed online store. I found some of the other online hot sauce stores not anywhere near as well designed, and hard to navigate.
The descriptions that I read of your Lucky Dog sauces, sorry I don't know your name, take it to the next level. So I'm really looking forward to trying them.
And yes I agree that we have some great sauces here. I'm working my way through as many as possible! So little time and money, yet so many sauces!
My name is Scott.
:cheers:

If you're in australia, might I recommend Byron Bay's sauces? Their "Fiery Coconut" is like a lovely sweet curry in a bottle and has a decent low-medium heat. It's definitely their standout sauce but their entire range is well worth trying.

Hey there SR, great looking range you've got there!
Are you selling them anywhere?
Nice to meet you Scott I cannot wait to try your sauces, they sound freaking awesome.
I've gone through the Byron Bay sauces, have the jalapeño one at work actually.

It's taken me longer than I would have liked to get back to this post, wife returning, hectic times at work and a sick 2 year old are quite a handful.

Such an awesome travel gift! I got the 6 sauces that I had ordered, as well as a few sachets of an interesting looking sauce thrown in by the store I ordered from.
And my wife also bought a bottle of sauce that she hadn't seen before, adding up to an awesome collection.

Scott (Lucky Dog Hot Sauce), mate, you make some absolutely delicious sauces! You've crafted your sauces very nicely, I reckon you've thought about each ingredient and how to use that ingredient thoroughly as to how it will affect the sauce as a whole.
Dia del Perro is amazing. I love it. I grew tomatillos last year, this is a fruit largely unknown in Australia, and I've been wondering how it could be used in anything beyond a green enchilada sauce, and there's a delicious sauce using tomatillo! This is a sauce that I would push at chilli lovers and people yet to discover chillis alike.
I love the texture of all 3 of the LDHS products, you can see the ingredients, it makes the sauce more approachable I reckon.
Black Label was quite a surprise to me, because I don't really like the flavour of scorpions, but that flavour is present only in the background, allowing the other ingredients and the fire roasted flavour to be more present. The fruits used give a great body to the sauce also
Pink label I was really looking forward to, a very hot sauce that also had some smokiness sounds right up my alley. I like the sauce very much because it's flavours are so well balanced but I wanted a little more smoke, to be honest. Again, a great body to the sauce.
Also love the LDHS labels. Dia Del Perro in particular with the silver effect label. The bright colours in the design come out very well on that silver, the printer has done a great job!

Born to Hula Smokehaus Blues, a delicious smokey sauce. Not an overpowering smokiness though. Some seeds visible in the sauce, not ideal, but not a huge issue either. I haven't had many hot sauces with tomato in them (except for BBQ sauces), in this sauce they add necessary acidity but not overpowering flavour. Clear, nicely printed label.

Char Man Caribbean Hot sauce has very quickly become my favourite fruity sauce. Hotter than I expected. Also a clear and nicely printed label. It annoys me when a sauce has "hot peppers" or something similar listed as an ingredient. Which freaking peppers FFS? A person wants to know!

Hellfire Hot Sauce Devils Gold, the most "manufactured" of the sauces that I ordered, the label print is not great quality, quite blurry. The label design is over the top, font used for ingredients not clear enough nor big enough. This sauce itself is very smooth in texture, and it
\is instantly sweet. It takes a little for the actual flavours to penetrate the sweetness. The flavour is nice when it does get through though, and then a little after that the heat arrives. An impressive amount of heat. Quite a journey with this sauce.

There's not much I can say about the Trappey's sauce...vinegar tasting chilli juice.

The sample sachets of Palo Alto Fire Fighters Pepper Sauce, this one is very similar to Cholula, but a bit nicer.

My fridge now has a shelf dedicated to my private collection of hot sauces, only my best mates will ever get to sample these, and only if they came to my house with beer!

Edited for image

Back