• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

7 Pod vs Naga Viper

Viper tested at 1,349,000 in England
7 Pod tested at 1,291,800 in the USA
Think you could tell the difference?
I think the 7 Pod they tested was a Jonah.
You should grow both and see.

Ive grown both, and the last what i would call decent summer two seasons ago the Viper was the hottest but the 7 pod had a better yield
and flavor
026-1.jpg

2010 season Jonah.
008-5.jpg

2010 season Viper.

Depends on how you like your bite.
I found the Viper to be much more immediate and front of mouth, while most of the 7pots seem to build and be at the back.
With only 50-60 K average difference, I would think there would be as much difference in scoville between same plant pods as there would be between different types.

Too many variables involved to say which one is going to be hotter each time. Even growing them right next to each other in the same conditions you're going to get different heat levels in pods.

I agree theres big differences between taste, buzz and productivity.

For me the Douglah has instant wicked heat with a funky after taste, a decent producer, yet better when overwintered.

The Barrakpore has a creeping heat that seems like it will never end, great flavor, and a better producer than the Douglah.

My Vipers looked exactly like nickdu's, Most looked identical like a large red twisted hab.
Not the biggest producer, late season but the heat was intense. I will grow those again this season.

I always grow the Jonah, my original seed came from THSC. Now I just grow from stock. Its funny because each year the plants seem taller......Ha, maybe I'm just getting shorter...

Back