• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7 Pot Bubblegum Chocolate Long ???

So I am trying to decide if long is a thing.  I see photos calling it simply 7 Pot Bubblegum Chocolate very often.  Then here and there, I see it as 7 Pot Bubblegum Chocolate Long or Elongated.  I have been growing both trying to decide what I think.  They came from different sources.  Occasionally one will throw the other.  So I am tarting to think the thing is an excellent example of what we were talking about in another forum; seeds going out before they are stable.

I could be wrong.  The creator could have intended two strains.  But my guess is that s/he created the thing, shared and passed it around before release.  Someone made different cull vs. save decisions and we wind up with two distinct shapes both being called the 7 Pot Bubblegum Chocolate.  Thoughts?  Could this sort of thing be responsible for more variety than we commonly think?  Doesnt seem like there are all that many people intentionally creating new peppers and it does take years.  Maybe a lot of our varieties are spin offs so to speak.  Hmmm...

Back