7-pot douglah x Butch T TS

Can someone please let me know who created this cross? SilverSurfer? What characteristics would be desirable to that person in later generations? 

I`ve eaten a brown one that was the hottest thing I`ve ever eaten and a red one that tasted much better, but wasn`t as hot. Both were from F4 generation plants. 

Just wondering what people are shooting for in a stable strain with this cross. 

As far as I know, yes it was SilverSurfer.

I've had one of those from SS, but it was red. No idea what generation it was. He had douglahs crossed with regular scorpions that were brown. I had a couple of those and they were hot. But the hottest pepper I've ever had was another SS cross. It was a 7 pot SR x douglah. I've never had a Carolina Faker, or a Ghost Scorpion, but I can in no way imagine they could be hotter. That one stood out head and shoulders above anything else I've ever had in terms of burn area, and duration. The only thing hotter is a Musky Mojo cheeseburger :D

The ones I`ve had are both Douglah x Butch T, both F4. Red and brown. It would be nice to stabilise both red and brown pods. 

Nigel, I figure this is probably the best thread to post this, since you posed the question.

Here is the pod shape that I am going after from the red plants. These pods actually came from the same plant that the red pod I sent you came from. It seems like once the weather warmed up, the pods started taking a more uniform shape, and most of them look like this.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

They look like very fat Butch T's and are maybe 1/2 an inch longer than my Butch T's on average.

Also, here it the monster of a plant they came from. The plant has since been trimmed back aggressively, stripped of pods and flowers and been put into isolation. I should have taken pics of the 30 pods I pulled off of it during the pruning, but I wasn't thinking.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

For the brown phenotype, I only have one plant, which will be isolated this week. Unfortunately the plant produces pods that are indistinguishable from Douglahs, but I will grow them out and hope for something more interesting to happen.

Ok so I'm glad you posted this too! I have 4 plants of the brown.. One big plant, one medium and 2 small ones the same age and only 2 have given me pods. I was going to mesage brian today about this cause i was ecstatic yesterday when i was in the garden but haven't had a chance to get online till now. The big plant puts out brown pods similar to a douglah.. I got a ripe pod off the medium plant that was brown but a little thicker walled. I haven't tried one from the second plant yet to try the heat and it's honestly cause I'm scared. Lol... Any way the big discovery was this! A scorpion looking pod that's going to turn brown. Tbh i was wanting a phenotype that shape but brown and here she is. I'm going to isolate the medium sized plant in hopes to keep this shape.

CAM01321_zps13da94ea.jpg

Very cool! Is that plant in the ground or in a pot? That is exactly the brown pheno I would be looking for! I got lucky that the red pheno I wanted showed up in one of the potted plants, it makes isolating so much easier.

Hopefully those are as hot as the other ones you have been giving out Mike!

It's in the ground. I'd dig it up and can put it in a pot and move it to a friends house if that's safe? He's in the country and there's no gardens around that I'm aware of..

Back