• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7 Pot Jonah pod review FAIL...

This morning I got a package in the mail from THP member Yellowfin2na. He was nice enough to offer me some peach wasp seeds the other day, but he gave me a lot more! Inside the box were 8 pods and a bag of seeds. Of the pods he sent me, the only one I have tried before was the yellow fatalii. The other pods were of course the peach wasp, a possible unstable peach wasp, possible yellow habanero, brainstrain x unknown cross, mustard scorpion, CGN22091 and a massive 7 pot Jonah. And a baggie of mystery wine pepper seeds, which I can find little info on other than they are from Chris Joyner, are fruity and not too terribly hot. Very much appreciated, Derrick! If you ever need any seeds or pods, I've got your back!

SANY0183_zps1ifyq88e.jpg

And now the main event since y'all said I needed to post the video. I don't eat whole supers very often, practically never. I know better. But my curiosity and excitement got the best of me. That 7 pot Jonah pod was massive and just too pretty not to make a fool of myself eating. I had planned on doing a full pod review, but about a minute after eating it body my body had other plans. It said it didn't agree with having that much capsaicin in it and it was going to get rid of it. I real quick turned off my camera and ran to the bathroom where I dry heaved for a good 5 minutes. It never actually came back up, which I am glad on one hand but regretting it on another. I have been in and out of the bathroom ever since. I could crap through a screen door and not touch a wire!

However, the flavor was surprisingly mild compared to others I've tried. It definitely has that 7 pot flavor. Kind of earthy with a bit of floral. But the flavor didn't last long before it destroyed me and my insides. I can see this being a great pod for making powder or better yet, making smoked powder with!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/NfUJ232OXDI[/youtube]

Man, I know! It was a mouthful! Hands down the biggest superhot pod I ever ate.

+1 more for pepper people being the best!

Unfortunately the mustard scorpion didn't make it. Nor did the peach wasp. I can use the seeds, but I think the heat got to them. Eating that much Jonah and I couldn't think. Tomorrow I am going to try the others that did make it. Not going to eat whole ones this time. Haha. What is that CGN22091?

Man that's a bummer on the pods that didn't make it. I really wish you got a chance to try that peach wasp.

CGN22091 is from Pepper Lover.

Its a wild. It grows really fast but the pods take forever to ripen. The stem is really unique as it doesn't have a woody type traditional stem. It has more of a viney look but grows straight. Anyways the pod isn't very hot to me at all.

The only other one left you gotta take it easy on is obviously the weird brain strain cross one. That definitely has some heat also.

Yellowfin2na said:
LMFAO Bro I couldn't stop laughing. Im glad you were psyched to get them. Not sure if you tried it yet but the Mustard Scorpion for me seemed hotter than the Jonah. Let me know if you think it is!

Thanks for the shout out :cheers:
I'm busting up ROFL. I'm sure he is going to jump all over the hotter mustard Scorp - HILARIOUS

Yellowfin2na said:
Oh don't you worry there Savina. Yours is coming! Cant remember all what I put in there but I'm sure there's something I added to light you up.
I will definitely taste them raw but I won't eat the whole pod :)

Back