• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

7 "Pot" or 7 "Pod" or Both?

Both are used and are correct. Different opinions by people usually based on seeds they have recieved from a source that is reliable and thus continue to use that name. There has been lengthy discussion on this here somewhere. Someone will know where the thread is.

Am I the only one that thinks of some old lady cutting up a 7P in to 7 pieces, and adding one to a pot of some bomb chili.
old+lady+celebrating.jpg

Are you sure they eat chilli in Trinidad?

Maybe heat 7 pots of food, chilli is not consumed in some areas of the world......

Reactions: nee
I used to label them 7 pot/pod to avoid any confusion but CARDI(Caribbean agricultural research and development institute) has always called the Trinidad landrace variety Trinidad 7 pod so I go by that.
The whole 7 pots of chili was just one person's interpretation many years ago that spread quickly
I remember searching for this chile for many years before there was any mention of them online and even then I was told by Trinidadians they were 7 pods

I thought it was 7 Pot (per) Pod.....meaning each pod had enough heat for 7 pots (of curry or whatever food you added to!)

**sorry...just realised that armac said pretty much the same above!***

Well, that certainly cleared everything up!

Seriously though, I do appreciate your responses.

You like potato and I like potahto,
You like tomato and I like tomahto,
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!
Let's call the whole thing off!

Slice 38

Back