7-Pot Primo Pod Review

HotandHeavy said:
I've been wondering about blending powders. Do you smoke your peppers whole or do you smoke the powder? Great review, thanks.
Thanks. I either smoke them either whole or cut in half for about an hour, then dehydrate for a couple days. I don't have a fancy smoker, but make do well enough with my Weber kettle. I put a small amount of hot coals on one side, and peppers on the grate opposite side. I soak the chips for a while and put them on the coals, and choke the vents back. 
SL3 said:
Nice! That almost looks like a Reaper Pod. 
Thanks, yeah they do look a lot alike. If I didn't know because I grew it, I'd have a hard time telling the difference. 

SL3 said:
Nice! That almost looks like a Reaper Pod. 
When Carolina Reaper first came out, I thought the same thing and was very suspicious of rebranding being in play.  At the time nobody knew who he was and other dealers had done much the same to create false exclusivity.  But then I learned that before he invented the Carolina Reaper he had never so much as seen the 7 Pot Primo or any other pepper with a stinger.

"Currie knew he had something special as soon as he laid eyes on the Reaper—it was the first pepper he’d even seen with a stinger." - http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/09/so-god-made-the-worlds-hottest-pepper/279749/

DNA is am amazing thing.  Two brown eyed people (no stingers) hook up and have a blue eyed baby (stinger) without ever seeing a blue eyed human being before.  Things of legends and probably mistaken rage killings.  Not trashing on anyone's religion, but I am thinking it can explain some of the claims that god was the father.  OK, still working on the virgin part.

Awesome job, Peter! Primos are top notch peppers. It's great to finally have some pod reviews being posted in the forums again. I dig the 'gentle beast' nickname too  ;) ! The 'soft spoken (pod) slayer!' And best of luck for sure if you go for the Buckeye Butchlah (luck of course won't do a bit of good..haha...) 

Back