• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

7 words....

Tis a sad day indeed. At least i got to see him live twice. Thanks for the laughs, George. You'll be sorely missed.:cry:

Can i just blame a government conspiracy as the actual cause for his heart failure? I think it'd be a fitting tribute. :(

fineexampl said:
Can i just blame a government conspiracy as the actual cause for his heart failure? I think it'd be a fitting tribute. :(

That or the Catholic Church....you know how he felt about them.

I just got back from the library and as a tribute they had alot of his dvd's and books right out infront so everyone could see it as they walked in.

You know... It's a weird thing.

George said things that I could only really think and not actually talk about to other "normal" people. Even in his later, bitter, ranting years...he was on the money, but with a sense of humor about it. I tend to get worked up discussing such things.

Some people want to say he's just a rip off of Lenny Bruce. On the contrary. He took up where Lenny left off and ran with it. People like Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, Andrew "Dice" Clay.... They all site him as influences along with Lenny Bruce.

The man was a genius... wacky, but still... you had to love him.

I for one will really miss him.

Back