7b plants ripen time on average?

Is it normal for peppers in zone 7d to not show any signs of ripening if planted in late May? I have a lot of pods going and some have been there since delivery. Actually I have had 2 chocolates ripen but that plant produced first and the last ripe one was a month ago. 

Is there something I should do to help them along or is this normal?

Right now they get somewhere in the 6-8 hours of sun but I can put them full time or shaded.

We did have a crazy start to the season with a ton of rain so maybe that threw it off. As for feeding I roll with fish and seaweed every 2 weeks and calmag. Sprayed 2 plants with Epsom a couple of times but that isn't in the regiment (but helped the little runts).

I ate some of my peppers in the beginning but now would like to see them be fully ripe before trying. I have Serranos that have been hanging out since day one of transplant. Don't get me started on the 7 pots they never change.

What have temps been like where you are?

It's been a brutal summer for most of the country. I've barely had any pods set in past month or so as we've been well above 100 (hit 112 a few times!) for most of that time. And the ones that have set are growing so sloooooooooooooooooowly and ripening even slower.

CMJ said:
Patience grasshoppa!

Went out of town and came home to a bright orange CR - things are looking up. The 7pot should be following which is covered in pods by the way and huge ones.  I don't have patience but most of the time have the sense to ask before acting.

Reactions: CMJ
Back