• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

?7pod Brain Strain Yellow?

So I'm super stoked about my first ever yellow super hots ( Fatali, Brain Strain Yellow and 7pod Yellow ). I've looked through the forums and online for information on the Yellow Brain Strain but I couldn't find it. Is the Yellow Brain Strain, a Brain Strain that went yellow or was it a Brain Strain that was crossed with a yellow 7pod? Or is it just a Yellow 7pod that looks like the Brain Strain.

According to Judy's site....
This is a Yellow version of the red brain Strain we have been developing this Strain for over 3 years of selecting and reselecting. The mother plant was sent to us by our Trinidadian friend Sara Ragonanan she marked the seeds as Trinidad 7 pod SR Yellow. Among all the plants, we have noticed that this particular plant produces what looked like the Red Brian Strain discovered by David Cappiello from NC. Pod size, shape, even heat seems to be very similar except the yellow one smells and tastes like a mixture of pineapple and 7pod together which will make great yellow homemade hot sauce .
http://www.pepperlover.com

Guessing I have lots of dupes on my list. I guess that is the good and bad of using the name that is provided on the seed that is sent. :) I can never have too many yellow super hots!

I agree.... If someone is selling a poduct I suggest growing Brain,SR,and a basic yellow 7. Three $ options for that vendor which is great. For someone like myself growing them for powder and sauce in limited space,there is no need to waste the ft².

I agree.... If someone is selling a poduct I suggest growing Brain,SR,and a basic yellow 7. Three $ options for that vendor which is great. For someone like myself growing them for powder and sauce in limited space,there is no need to waste the ft².
Yeah I grow in my small yard so I prefer to save space as well. Good to know they are mostly one int he same. I guess I'll know this summer first hand and make better choice in 2014.

Back