• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense 7Pot and Trinidad Scorpion?

peppers004.jpg

About 5/6 of my 7 Pots have stingers like the one on the left. The one on the right is a Trinidad Scorpion.

I got the seeds for this 7 Pot from a different soure as the 7's I grew last year. Last year none had stingers. Other than the pimples they look nothing like last years crop.

So is this a normal variation for 7 Pots or is this some kind of cross? The 7 is much bumpier than it looks in the pic. No ripe Trinidad Scorpions yet so I had to pick a green one for comparison.

Slight hab flavor and searing heat that puts my Nagas to shame on the 7.

if you look at most pics on this site.... your red pod on the left is 99% consistent with a scorpion (not only the stinger but the way it hangs over soooo much at the bottom) and the pod on the right looks like most peoples 7 pods....

I think you have them backwards.....you may have just labeled them wrong after planting or possibly they came labeled wrong

My Scorpian and 7 Pod are still green and growing but look identical at this time in their life...Is this normal or was I sold 2 x Scorpian instead ?

Update! The one on the left is indeed the Trinidad Scorpion. The one on the right is a Yellow Scorpion! Just found a ripe one hiding in the undergrowth today!I must have labeled the Yellow Scorpion just Scorpion. :doh:

Now I have to find my 7 Pot plant...... :banghead:

They both look like scorpions to me. If one of them was a 7 Pod I would have to go with the one on the left. The one on the right doesn't look like any 7 Pod I've grown.

Back