• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7pot/pod primo and sr strain

has anyone grown these 2 particular strains? coz i am awfully curious as to how they look like and how they taste.

can't seem to find any info on these two strains of 7 pot/pods anywhere else online so.... i'd like to ask you guys if anyone is famiiiar with them?

(sure would love to grow them)

i think i remember i found some seeds being sold at semillas.de and somewhere else, probably fatalii.net..... didn't supply a picture.

these might be my next target seeds to buy.

looks to me these are rarer than the other 7pots/pods or they're just not grown by folks here on the forum.

are there any other strains that i should know of?

i know of jonah, douglah, brain strain, barrackpore (hopefully the barrackpore seeds novacastrian sent me will arrive, hasn't yet)......

I'm growing the 7 Primo right now but haven't tried it yet. Not familiar with the SR strain sorry. I think it's kind of funny that people ask what these superhots taste like, never found a description of what pain tastes like. ;)

Don't think the Douglah is called a 7 Pod, but there is a brown 7 Pod that is quite similar to the Douglah. I've heard of a chocolate 7 pod and you missed the Yellow 7.

one thing you gotta remember Franz is that the different "strains" are just names a particular grower has given to their varity due to where it originated from or based on unique characteristics it may have, so if you grow 7's and have one that looks really cool and you isolate and breed them true to always produce pods that have the trait, then you can name them the 7 Pot "Franz" strain. so dont sweat the different names to much, there are only few out there imo that are actual "strains" just cause somewhere someone decided to call their 7's something different doesnt make them anything more then 7's unless they have a unique look or trait like the brain strain , jonah etc... you shouldnt find brain strains anywhere but from members of this forum so if you do please let PRF know.

so thats just my opinion on it, but who knows Ive been full of crap before lol ;)

-Rich

I've seen posts and comments about all these jonah, douglah, brain strain, barrackpore strains...
Is there a post that shows pictures of the plants and fruits?

The only one I've seen pics is the brain strain.
I have a regular 7 pod growing so this can be a excelent source of info :)

Bleash

Okay! Thanks for the tips guys!

My bad on the douglah.

Okay so there's Chocolate 7 pod, yellow 7 pod, sr, brain strain, barrackpore, primo, jonah.....

Pix would be nice.

I've seen pix of some of these fireballs. I just get confused is all.

We should put them together closely and see what's what.

Find out what some of their original names and lessen the confusion. Good idea?

I have the Brain, Jonahs, Primo, Yellow, Orange, and Brown '7 Pod' strains growing this year, last year I grew the SR, Brain, and Douglah. Picture from last growing season there are Brain Strain up top, SR strain to the left and Douglah to the right. :hot:
IMG_3144.jpg

Wow Thanks for the images PRF.

you are the master of 7pods! :mouthonfire:

My novice eyes fool me. LOL.

hopefully we'll see more of pictures of the other strains when pods are ready.

Imma get me some of that primo and SR since those are the only ones that i don't have (either on the way or already here).

gonna buy me some of those. now to get enough cash to buy seeds, a better indoor lighting set up for my germination / sprout area, soil and pots.

man oh man, i'm gonna go broke.

hopefully when i'm done i'll have enough soil and whatever else for next time so i won't have to spend so much. and i'll eventually just have to buy seeds and not much of anything else.

Great pics PRF.

How about the heat and flavour in each of those fruits? Do they taste diferent?
And the plants, do they look the same? To they produce the same?

Whats the "sr" strain everyone keeps talking about?

Bleash

here are two pics of a yellow 7 from 2009...

052409aYellow7Pot-1.jpg

Yellow7PotHomegrownTrini200806-1-1.jpg

and they seem to be doing well this year too...actually they are my prettiest, most healthy plants so far...I am calling the yellow 7s but the jury is still out...I got the original seeds from a THP member in trinidad the fall of 07' and this is my third year growing them from selected seed...they came in a pack that were marked Trinidad Scorpions...some were red stingered scorpions and these...may be a Scorpion/7 Pot cross...anyway...the pods are rather large...about 9-10 gms each and show a very pretty yellow color although none of them have "stingers"...I have 20 of these and the red paint on my storage building seems to be giving them an extra boost over my other plants

061710a016.jpg

061710a018-1.jpg

Whats the "sr" strain everyone keeps talking about?

Bleash
I think most varieties were originally sent from Trinihottie(SR) in Trinidad but there are other sources too. Letters after a variety name is the initials of the seed source
Different colored pods have different flavors but most of the reds seem similar to me

I am currently growing the generic 7 pod, SR strain, Primo, Yellow, Jonah, Brain Strain,Chocolate, Barrackpore, and Orange. Only ones without pods so far is the barrackpore and SR strain, but they are flowering now, so will have some soon. Also, just started the white 7 but it hasn't sprouted yet. The yellow 7 is the most productive so far with 12 pods on it so far while the Brain strain is dropping more flowers than the rest and only has 1 lonely pod so far. Don't know about the taste of these yet, but can't wait to try them.

jacob

Back