• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid 7pot Primo Orange or cross?

Peter,

I agree,the color is yellow and gets a richer shade of yellow almost orange like a lot of the yellow supers. In my opinion,it is not a primo. I have been taking photos of the pods,plant and endocarp. When I get enough compiled I will mail them to you to see what you think.

Peter, those are some gnarly looking pods. I love the orange color to them. It seems the originals were a little more orange than the second ones you grew out. I would love to add this to the grow list for next season.

image.jpg

Awesome pods, the shape and color is really nice I plan to do mostly wilds next season, but For a pepper like that I might have to make room for it, just so I can have some nice dried pods for powder, and a few nice fresh pods to try. 

Depends on how many full sunlight days the pods got or if they grew in the shade of the leaves and on the definition of what is pure yellow and what is orange.
Another problem is white adjustment of the camera, the light (flash, sunlight, lamps) and monitor color adjustment.

So a number of parameters.

I´d say the color is orange-yellow  :party:

I have those growing from your seed this year. Got pods just no color yet. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I know what you mean about trying to get a camera to pick up true colors. I spent a lot of time trying to get my camera to pick up the color peach and it only records it as orange. 

There's a fine line between orange and yellow but I believe the ones I have are more orangish. It don't matter to me because I'll be growing these again regardless! Such a prolific plant with such awesome looking pods let alone hot! I think they have a great taste and are hotter than the yellow I tried last season.
BTW I don't believe mine are from your seeds peter but I could be wrong.

Back