• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

80 Year old lady got way too close to my rear end

30shssl.jpg

Happened Monday morning, spent the afternoon in the ER. Stilling feeling the effects of whiplash.

Damn!  Glad you're still in one piece bud!  Did she mash the gas thinking it was the brake or what?

She actually hit me twice, I think that's exactly what happened, hit the gas instead of the brake. I was stopped at a red light exiting a highway. She pushed me through the crosswalk into the middle of the intersection, I was damed lucky there was no traffic coming or I would have been T-Boned.

"Way to close to your rear-end"???

Dude. She crawled up it! :rofl:

I hope you and her are both ok. I'm sure it scared the crap out of her and she feels horrible.

Scoville DeVille said:
"Way to close to your rear-end"???

Dude. She crawled up it! :rofl:

I hope you and her are both ok. I'm sure it scared the crap out of her and she feels horrible.

Believe it or not, she had no idea of the magintude of what happened, she kept asking me how she could get to another part of town instead of asking me how I felt.

It's a sign - you shouldn't be driving a Mercury! 

And yeah . . . "close"??? Glad you're safe. My son was in a similar circumstance a few months back. Took him a few weeks for the whiplash to work out, but he's fine now. Hope that's all it takes for you, too.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and well wishes. She did have insurance but now the fight begins for at least what I paid for the car in August. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Look on the bright side... at least your gas tank didn't explode as some of the earlier Grand Marquis were want to do. Not to mention it was probably a good thing you were in that otherwise solid of a car. She whacked you good!

PS Don't be in a rush to settle on the medical part of your claim. Whiplash can be a bitch. Hire a good lawyer.

mecdave said:
PS Don't be in a rush to settle on the medical part of your claim. Whiplash can be a bitch. Hire a good lawyer.

Agree about not settling quickly. In fact, you don't absolutely have to settle at all. A woman ran a stop sign right in front of me when I was 6 months pregnant - I was on a thru street with no stop sign and was too close to avoid hitting her car. Fortunately a cop saw the whole thing. The insurance company pushed and pushed to settle, but no way I was going to do that until I was absolutely sure my daughter would truly be fine. I didn't need a lawyer as her insurance paid for everything, my daughter was fine and I never settled. (My daughter is now 30, so I think it's safe to say she suffered no harm!)

Back