• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

81A&81B 1st TIME ULTRA XTREME GLOG (dont expect much)

Alright so we're late in the season, but its just a trial run right now. If we actually get decent plants we'll overwinter a few and try again next year.
Below we have:
4 fatalii
1 brain strain 1/1
3 datils. 3/3
3 uba tuba
3 peach hab 2/3
2 7 pot
1 pumpkin hab
1 white hab
1 cherry bomb
2 choc. Bhuts
3 butch t
2 baby boy douglah 1/2
1 explosive ember
1 taz red 1/1
1 spanish paquilla 1/1
2 choc habs. 1/2
1 cap chine bhut

There's a lot of diffrent varieties in the same tray to check on how different they grow and what kind of tweeks I'll have to make for next season. Its the only way I know how to learn. Besides reading is borring :) forgive the pics as its done on a cell phone.

Seeds
IMG005.jpg

Below are pictures of plants donated by thp members up here in WA. As of now I got them under grow light. Looking to upgrade shortly, but only trying to get them to bush out right now. Which they are beautifully if I do say so myself.

Butch T donated to me and the only thing to survive the 5 day power outage
IMG004.jpg

Bhut jalokia donated by MegaHot
IMG003.jpg

Yellow 7 donated by MegaHot
IMG002.jpg

Any advice for us would be appreciated, please make it in english and so my 2 year old can understand :)
Thanks
Aaron

Smiley eating popcorn COOL!!!! Hopefully we can keep our plants alive and get some seeds to sprout...... just a side note the pictures made them look yellow but they aren't. Going to see if I can take more pictures today.

Thanks for stopping by JAG & MG :D

Hey guys! Great to see you in the glogosphere! I'm going to have some extra plants in a couple of weeks, so if you want, maybe we can hook up and I can slip you a few if you want.

Lookin good :). your plants seem a little yellow how long were they in the pots before you took pics it might just be a transplant shock?

Hey guys! Great to see you in the glogosphere! I'm going to have some extra plants in a couple of weeks, so if you want, maybe we can hook up and I can slip you a few if you want.

Hey paul, that's awesome! We would greatly appreciate it! With the new job and kidhab on the way we weren't able to plant when we were supposed. So thanks for that! Just let us know. :)

Lookin good :). your plants seem a little yellow how long were they in the pots before you took pics it might just be a transplant shock?

What's up xc, the yellowing you are refering to is our "flash" from the phone hitting the accent wall and the plant I believe. Individual leaves did have some yellowing whenn we first got them but has cleared up for the most part. We also had some tearing in the leaves that the plant was able to heal on its own.

Since putting this up on friday my butch T has sprouted a new set of leaves. Its now on its 4th set! Ammazing for something that had come back from a brink of death due to weather here!
Our 7 pot and Bhut are started to bend just slightly, put some sticks in to hold it up right. Plus a couple leaves fell off of the bhut. We'll be adjusting the nutes.
They're also really tall with no sign of bushing out. Any ideas if its to late to do anything about this?
Pics coming later, off to work.
Thanks
Aaron

Hey HH81 and 1/2 good looking list y'all have there. Here's :cheers: to a good growing season for all us newbies and a great one for those who know better than we do. It's so nice that they're so willing to share their knowledge with us and help prevent our making mistakes they probably made and learned about the hard way. I'll be keeping an eye out, but I know once you get the baby's into that good Washington soil it'll be no fail.

I read an article on here about handling bugs and how adding something like 10% used coffee grounds to your soil mix will really do alot to keeping the plants free from the baddies. So I stopped by our local Starbucks and they have a program they call Grounds For Gardens where they bag up their used grounds in like 5 pound bags and you can get it for free. I picked up 10 pounds and have added it to my soil mix so we'll see if it's truth or hype soon enough I guess. Just thought i'd share the info.

Have a great week,
RM

Good luck with your growing season, its never too late to seed. The harvest just gets pushed back a bit. That yellow 7 looks like its going to a huge plant. They do produce a lot of pods. I had to stake my plant up with its branches tied to stakes in adjacent containers. The plant produced well into November.

Greg

Hey paul, that's awesome! We would greatly appreciate it! With the new job and kidhab on the way we weren't able to plant when we were supposed. So thanks for that! Just let us know. :)

Will do, A.

They're also really tall with no sign of bushing out. Any ideas if its to late to do anything about this?
Pics coming later, off to work.

You can pinch the growing tips any time, and the plant will bush out, I believe. It usually takes about a week or a little more for the plants I pinch to really start pushing out the new growth, but once it does, the ample root system really kicks in gear. You could always try it on one branch to see how it works if you wanted, but i think it's pretty fool proof. I usually cut back to an active growth bud at a leaf node.
Thanks
Aaron

Thanks for looking and the comments and positive feed back everyone. I think I'll let Aaron have at this thread mostly. I am jealous of the plants their room is nice and toasty and I am freezing cuz well still no positive signs of spring in our neck of the Washington woods........ we had 3" of snow one day then 58° weather the next... now just overcast and 50° freaking Washington.

ATTENTION READERS UPDATE WITH PICS AND QUESTIONS

IMG009.jpg

IMG008.jpg

My Bhut has a brown streak going along the base. Not sure what's it from or how to fix it. The new leaves are looking good but kinda worried about the bottom ones. They don't look quite as good, slight yellow around the edges and kinda limp.

IMG007.jpg

Yellow 7 the leaves here are a bit better but not by much.

IMG006.jpg

Butch T looks really good, but not groing quite as fast as others here on THP. Lack of proper lights and nutes for foliage are probably to blaim.

ALL FOR SOME EXCITEMENT

Yesterday I wiped the dome of the condesation and sprayed a bit of water on the seeds and there was nothing going on. Today I go to check them again and check it out!
IMG014.jpg

Choc hab

IMG013.jpg

Datil helmet (should I do something about this?)

IMG012.jpg

2 more Datils popping up
7 days! :woohoo:

Are the Jiffy cubes missing some coir or are the cups that deep? They're looking a little dry too. You have to keep an eye on those as they'll dry out quickly and it's a pain in the tuckus to rehydrate them. In between your seedlings die. Good luck with your first season.

What's amazing about the sprouts is as of 9 last night they weren't there then BOOM at 12ish this afternoon we have four of them. Pretty cool!!!!! :D

Are the Jiffy cubes missing some coir or are the cups that deep? They're looking a little dry too. You have to keep an eye on those as they'll dry out quickly and it's a pain in the tuckus to rehydrate them. In between your seedlings die. Good luck with your first season.

Yeah, that's the deep tray. I got it from megahot (never pass up free right? :)) as far as watering them latley I've been watering almost everyday by spritzing them. I was trying to post these answers with my questions on the pictures but my phone keeps kicking me off the net so I would have to start over.

Hey! Ya got sprouts! You're off to the races, now!
Good luck getting your grow going!

Back