food A Conch-a-licious New Years Eve

A spicy start to the New Year... we were blessed with a fresh delivery this morning of 5+ lbs of fresh caught conch from friends in the Bahamas. Here are the beginnings of some conch fritters with our garden grown scotch bonnets and prepping some conch chowder as well. Wishing everyone a happy new year that is healthy happy and prosperous for all of us.

00AF9B5A-885B-440D-9EBA-D76B1CEADAA4.jpeg

I've lived in FL but this was pretty much only in the Keys. Never even had it!

I have family in Miami that that turned me on to fritters and chowder.  Then..later there was a awesome restaurant out one of the islands around Marcos that had it..back in the late 80's.  It's one of those items on a menu you look out for.  Had it in various forms in Jamaica and wasn't impressed.  It takes a good chef to bring it.  Had many bad fritters 

The Hot Pepper said:
Good gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you FedEx me some fritters?????????????
I can always freeze some for you raw and shipped them all you have to do is fry them. I have a feeling this batch will be all gone. The DIPS are coming over (Dirty Island People, inside joke) and If you have never had Conch and lived in Florida shame on you lol!

DUDE!!!!  What a way to finish out the year.  :drooling:

While I did manage limits of Razor clams yesterday, those Conch fritters me salivating right now!!!

I had conch fritters once when I was in Key West.  They were delicious, but I am trying to remember what the dipping sauce was.  I am thinking it was a honey horseradish sauce, does that sound right?

Back