• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics A Couple pics from the garden

Just thought I'd share a few pics from my modest garden.
I'm just blown away at how good the hydroponics setups work.
I thought this was a Bhut, it was sold to me as a seedling named Improved Smooth Bhut Jolokia. Best I can match it to is the improved strain 2 from Semilla's site.
Anyway, compared to the soil pots, the hydro stuff is amazing. 4 times the size and production.
I even had to tie the branches up as they were sagging so bad I thought they were going to break!

20120826_092625_HDR.jpg

20120826_092541.jpg

20120826_092607.jpg

I've only had a round of 4 pods that were ripe from the first bloom.
As the pics show, the second bloom was well... better!
Can't wait for some more ripe ones, they were extremely hot and had a little smoke/dark fruity flavor !

Guard Mantis on duty: (He's been around at least a week, I think a couple weeks actually)
20120826_092714.jpg

My TSMB - Only been in the hydro pot for about a month and has grown a couple feet!
20120826_092954.jpg

Yellow Moruga Scorpion I just transplanted to home brew hydro (with the GH Waterfarm Kit) last weekend: ( 7 Pot Barrakpore in a soil pot next to it)
20120819_174654.jpg

Thanks Guys, I think there is about 200 pods on the first plant.
Yeah I like the Mantis, he and I are becomming friends... Just kind of good to he him thriving, kind of tells me I have a healthy garden.

I love seeing pics of other peoples plants.

Indeed- awesome.

I finally decided to put some in the ground even though it's end of august

Seems they get more fruit - but mine don't have as much as your do.

I love seeing pics of other peoples plants.

Indeed- awesome.

I finally decided to put some in the ground even though it's end of august

Seems they get more fruit - but mine don't have as much as your do.
Thanks !

It's funny, I have a few plants that all had root rot. Turned out those were the only pots I didn't either Hydro or use Fox farms soil. On those I did a crummy mix of Organic potting mix from the local nursery and perlite added in. I put those in ground and they seem to be thriving now.

Back