A Few Question About The Peppers I'm Growing

Hi,
I'm growing peppers for the first time and have 3 types planted and have a couple questions about them. The 3 peppers are MOA Scotch Bonnet, Yellow Devil's Tongue, and Hot Paper Lantern.

#1. How long will each take to grow and fruit?
#2. How big do each grow?
#3. How productive is each?
#4. How does each of their peppers ripen?

Also are there any websites where I could find this information myself?

Thanks in advance.

Ive grown yellow devils tongue back when i lived in aus. Great plants, very citrusy flavour and good heat. produced very well for plant of that size. Most websites that sell seeds should have descriptions of the seed variety.  

Hot paper lantern seems to ripen it's pods maybe 2-3 weeks earlier, than typical habanero chilis. From flower to ripe pod it takes anything between 2-3 months average depending on the place of growing and if you can make it happy, the plant can get quite a large bushy plant and have a heavy yield too with proper care. Seems to be very easy for a habanero type of chili and grows fast too.

Paper Lanterns are, as Chili Dude said, a bit earlier than most Hab- types, and they are also crazily productive. They handle cold better than most chinense, too. They kept pushing out pods at a nice clip after most of my other plants had allowed down due to cooler weather. They go from green to red as they ripen. They have more of a "matte" finish when they're red, whereas most of the red chiles I grew last year were more "high gloss."

Bonnets take a long time. 120 day plants, for sure. They go from green to yellow, and if left on the vine long enough under bright sun, they get a slightly orange Velveeta-ish hue to them, especially up top by the stem. My one MOA plant wasn't very productive at all, but I think that was a fluke. All my other Bonnet plants were more productive than I'd anticipated. I grew a lot of Bonnets last year; the only 3 yellow Bonnet varieties i'm growing this time are the Papa Dreadies, the Foodarama aka Beth Boyd Bonnets, and TFMs.

I never grew the Devil's Tongues, so I cannot comment on those.

Hth

Back