A few worries, help required

I have not long put my plants outside in a home-made cheap sheltered area which has polythene covering it, will this be OK?

And also do they look healthy? I have watered them but the one on the left seems wilted.

7Kl1vho.jpg

GWeon57.jpg

juanitos said:
area looks fine.

some of the plants look a bit yellow. those buckets have drain holes i'm hoping.

Yes they haven't been messed with and have holes, they were put in them pots 2 days ago, previous pots had saucers at bottle which retained water, so I guess that is why they are yellow? will they still be OK?

Curious why you are keeping them so covered up?  Are you hardening them off for sun?  If not, why not let them have some air?  I always have much better results when some wind can get to my plants.

ajdrew said:
Curious why you are keeping them so covered up?  Are you hardening them off for sun?  If not, why not let them have some air?  I always have much better results when some wind can get to my plants.

Yes I am hardening them off, will take the cover off in some weeks, hoping they will grow taller/more leaves now they are in the new pots.

ChilliNewb said:

John Innes No.3, I used John Innes No.2 before potting them up.

I am curious to see how long that soil holds water. It is clearly listed as a potting mix on the website, but looks like it would have poor aeration/drainage. I like seeing something different i.e. without a heavy dose of perlite mixed in. Yellow lower leaves can mean nitrogen deficiency. Or at least, deficiency of one of the mobile nutrients.

suchen said:

I am curious to see how long that soil holds water. It is clearly listed as a potting mix on the website, but looks like it would have poor aeration/drainage. I like seeing something different i.e. without a heavy dose of perlite mixed in. Yellow lower leaves can mean nitrogen deficiency. Or at least, deficiency of one of the mobile nutrients.

I was told the soil would be fine for their final pots.

I believe it. Seems they have been selling that stuff for quite a long time. I look forward to seeing your results!

Back