A fight is about to start

Me and some caterpillars are about to start fighting. One of my bell pepper plants is pretty torn up this morning and I found two others hanging out on another plant. 

I usually spray with my own non-pesticide mix but since I've been sick I haven't sprayed. The sprayer got some use early this morning. 

How do you guys combat the little creeps? 

Do you have any pics of the caterpillars you have on your plants? Does it look like this?
Tomato_Hornworm_in_hand_zpsec32dae9.jpg

If so, definitely use the Bt

Agreed.. The BT (K strain) I use this one:
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=704596&gclid=CLXb0Lu9ob4CFaMF7AodXQgAcg

Highly effective when they're young, but only moderately so when older (the catapillars that is). So pluck all the ones you see, and start weekly mistings - it will keep them in check!

...and for the ones you pluck - they must die, no way around it. (In the heat of the day they will feed closer to the center of the plant, and at night will move to all the outer branches - so a night time raid w a flash light can reveal many more than you may normally find). Be vigilant too, a hand full of those horn worms can decimate a plant LITERALLY over night.
The BT is is organic too... Highly detrimental microorganism to worms, but safe for mammals - just wash the peppers before eaten, and it may be used up to the day of harvest

Oh no it's not a hornworm me and those guys are very familiar with each other. I'm going to put some coffee grounds down in case they're cutworms and hopefully it will be ok. I wish the pests would magically go away. :D 

Some of the destroyers—cutworms, June beetles, pillbugs, weevils—are nocturnal, so I've resorted to nighttime raids using crushing fingers and a flashlight.  I'm also trying to recruit some full-time help.

2dloh8p.jpg

Original Photo Credit: Laurel Badura / USFWS via WikiMedia

swellcat said:
Some of the destroyers—cutworms, June beetles, pillbugs, weevils—are nocturnal, so I've resorted to nighttime raids using crushing fingers and a flashlight.  I'm also trying to recruit some full-time help.

2dloh8p.jpg

Original Photo Credit: Laurel Badura / USFWS via WikiMedia

That is exactly what I did at our place. We have a bunch of toad homes all over the garden and beds. Here is one of the residents.

463466_3231229063989_1748230884_o.jpg

lol I wish I could have toads. Unfortunately one of my dogs things it's really fun to chase lizards and frogs. Poor lizards and frogs. 

I have a lovely Korean mother who lives with me. She hates bugs. She screams when she sees these things so no keeping of hornworms lol. 

Back