• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A great new growdown idea

Hey guys!

I've thought of a nice little competition for the coming season. Let's see who has the longest! So whip 'em out boys, unzip those zippers. We measure from the base to the tip. The calyx counts, but the peduncle doesn't. Yes, of course I'm talking about peppers, you pervert. I mean, everyone stores their peppers in a ziploc, right? 

All joking aside; let's see who can grow the longest Thunder Mountain Longhorn! Who's in?

i`m in. i have a longhorn growing this year and i cut up some and made pickled rings and a couple of them were huge. i never measured them but some had to be 12 inches. i like them enough to grow every year. 

edit to add pic.

20180722_135501_resized.jpg

SpeakPolish said:
Well, they could have a commercially longer variety, so if that does happen it has to be an uncommon variety.
Appreciate the input, but, my question requires a simple yes or no answer from the OP, if he is going to organize it.

skullbiker said:
I would be in. Would everyone source their own seeds?

I think we should try to all use the same source. I think that's what they did with the Biggest Bonnet competition. Let's see how this develops, we have loads of time to organise it.

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
i`m in. i have a longhorn growing this year and i cut up some and made pickled rings and a couple of them were huge. i never measured them but some had to be 12 inches. i like them enough to grow every year. 

edit to add pic.

attachicon.gif
20180722_135501_resized.jpg

That's not the one I mean, bro. Sorry. It's the Thunder Mountain Longhorn I'm talking about.

b3rnd said:

I think we should try to all use the same source. I think that's what they did with the Biggest Bonnet competition. Let's see how this develops, we have loads of time to organise it.

That's not the one I mean, bro. Sorry. It's the Thunder Mountain Longhorn I'm talking about.
yes i assumed that is what you meant. i would have to start from seeds because i`ve never seen TM seedlings sold locally. 

Back