• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting A Harvest (21 September 2009)

Hey Everybody,

2hqz5uu.jpg

Since things have been cooling down a bit in Maryland, my peppers have been ripening at a rapid rate. Starting from the bottom left and going clockwise, we have:

Tabasco, Datil, Peach Hab, Fatalii, and Tobago Seasoning

Not too much longer. If I am lucky, things might hold out until the middle of October. Really, all I can expect is that the fruit that is currently on the plants will hopefully ripen.

Mid October doesn't seem so bad if you're getting what you're getting and more one the way shortly. My season should end over the next 2 weeks maximum. I'm bringing a bunch indoors to ripen just to ensure that this season wasn't a total waste. I'd like to get a pic like yours in the near future.

Godd looking bunch of pods Steve...what are you plans for them?

Well, I made hot sauce with this season's previous peppers. At the moment I froze the ones in the picture, so I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet.

I don't suppose you eat many turnip greens do you Steve?...

Steve973 said:
I'm more of a kale guy if I'm eating greens, but I am always open for suggestions.

I take pure vinegar, boil it and pour it over the tabasco peppers in 1/2 pint jars...then use the juice to pour over my greens...

Back