• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor A look inside my grow tent

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm growing two pepper plants inside my grow tent right now under a 300w GalaxyHydro Full Spectrum LED.

The two plants are 7 Pot White and Trinidad Perfume running on an 18/6 light cycle. I wish I had time to do a grow log, but I don't. Just figured I'd show everyone my grow setup! The plants were started roughly in early to mid May. They were started under a 2ft T5 fluorescent fixture with 4 6500k daylight bulbs that were past their lifespan, so these plants didn't really get much growing done under them. Once I moved them into my LED tent, they have absolutely thrived. Since the tent is small, the pot sizes are small. The White 7 pot is in maybe a 1 gallon pot and the Trinidad Perfume is in what appears to be a two gallon pot, maybe a little smaller. Both are in a soil medium of Dr. Earth's Organic Potting Mix, (couldn't afford Fox Farm for these guys), and are fertilized with a 5-7-3 half strength powder organic fertilizer. I've watered them a few times with a half strength dose of BioThrive 4-3-3 liquid organic fertilizer and these plants are loving it!! Hope to get some pods before October. All of my other plants are outside, these peppers are my experiments.

Feel free to share yours :D :dance:  :surprised:

/////////////////////  - PICS -  /////////////////////

2 x 2.5 x 5.7 Gorilla Grow Tent Lite Line

White 7 Pot

Trinidad Perfume

Since the LED's put off an overwhelming magenta, I thought I'd show everyone the plants in regular lighting conditions.

Trinidad Perfume (Left) // White 7 Pot (Right)

Looks great man, Those mars hydro leds really do good. I'm growing 6 plants in an 8x4 grow tent with 3 mars hydro 1 (600) 280 watters. The growth difference between hps and led is awesome. Ive noticed its a bit odd when actually looking at the leds as they come off almost white. When taking a picture it looks blurple 

It gets even more odd when you first start with that full spectrum grow lights. Your eyes kind of adapt when you take care for the seedlings and then, when you close the grow tent or leave the grow room, you see all colours completely distorted for a few minutes. Everything seems so green. :D

Nice setup -- was looking into getting one of those smaller tents for this winter and for getting an early start for next year  - Is the one fixture enough for that size grow tent or are you using other fixtures as well ?

JDFan said:
Nice setup -- was looking into getting one of those smaller tents for this winter and for getting an early start for next year  - Is the one fixture enough for that size grow tent or are you using other fixtures as well ?

The GalaxyHydro 300w LED is perfect for my grow tent. I only need one fixture suspended about 14 inches above my plants and they go nuts under it! I highly recommend the investment.

obeychase said:

The GalaxyHydro 300w LED is perfect for my grow tent. I only need one fixture suspended about 14 inches above my plants and they go nuts under it! I highly recommend the investment.

Thanks for the info -- I have one of the 300W LEDs ordered already ( though it's a no name brand but says it's using the epistar 5W leds so I'll have to see when it gets here but for the $41 after an Ebay $15 coupon on a $50 purchase figured it was worth seeing ) and was trying to decide what size tent to get - was thinking the 24x24x60  would be a good size for the one light but then also saw that the 24x48x60 tent is only a few dollars more so am tempted to get it then worry about adding more lights later if needed (though then also found a 32x32x63 tent that is a bit bigger while not double the size so might work well ( So many choices it's hard to just decide on one !! ) 

It's just hard finding any info for plants other than a certain herb which has pretty high light requirements so most of the info you can find suggests much higher requirements than I think peppers will actually need !

JDFan said:

Thanks for the info -- I have one of the 300W LEDs ordered already ( though it's a no name brand but says it's using the epistar 5W leds so I'll have to see when it gets here but for the $41 after an Ebay $15 coupon on a $50 purchase figured it was worth seeing ) and was trying to decide what size tent to get - was thinking the 24x24x60  would be a good size for the one light but then also saw that the 24x48x60 tent is only a few dollars more so am tempted to get it then worry about adding more lights later if needed (though then also found a 32x32x63 tent that is a bit bigger while not double the size so might work well ( So many choices it's hard to just decide on one !! ) 

Go with whatever your space allows. If you can afford to add another light later, go for it. It all really just depends on what you want to get out of the light

Just remember that unless you have hard numbers, you won't know what you are getting. I'd ask what the ppfd values are and the actual wattage. Avoid any brand that doesn't publish them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back