A lost Bhut from possibly a wilt/fungus disease

I think one of my 2 bhuts has a wilt fungus disease. its in a raised bed with another Bhut, a Caribbean Red and my Butch  T Scorp. The other 3 are really healthy. I noticed last week it wilting( my only pepper plant in the garden doing this) every day. When I came home after work I removed it from my small 4x4 raise bed and put it in a 5 gallon bucket with new soil and isolated it in a shady area. It still is wilted and I will give it a couple more days to see if it recovers otherwise I'm going to burn it in my fire pit. 

Do you guys think my other 3 healthy plants in my raised bed could be in trouble ? Should I transplant them into 5 Gallon containers just to be safe ?

I have plenty of other Caribbeans so I'm not to worried about that one but more-so the other 4 foot Bhut and my only Butch T that is producing really well. Here is a pic below.

Thanks !

Attachments

• wilt.JPG
    wilt.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 71
miguelovic said:
Cut off a limb and look for discolouration of the tissue or a milky discharge when left in a glass of water.
ok thanks I just placed it in the water. Here is a close up of the inside of the stem. The black looking area towards the top half was from my pruning shears, its dirt.

Attachments

• cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 69
I repotted my first one after I saw signs and it never recovered.  I sprayed with Agri-fos and it seems to have slowed it down, along with the dry weather.  I have lost another 3 or 4 plants since my last post.  I am going to just let it be, have too many pods as it is.

tctenten said:
I repotted my first one after I saw signs and it never recovered.  I sprayed with Agri-fos and it seems to have slowed it down, along with the dry weather.  I have lost another 3 or 4 plants since my last post.  I am going to just let it be, have too many pods as it is.
the other 3 plants in the bed look good so I'll replant them

Here are the 2 other plants I pulled out of the raised bed. On the left is my Butch T Scorp and next to it my nice Bhut. 

Attachments

• wilt saved.JPG
    wilt saved.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 56
Back