• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A must read for all members Please.

Please take time to read this post. This is for all members of the Community new and old.

Let me start by saying that pepper people are the Best.
This is something we read about here at THP pretty much on a daily basis. A common occurrence of generosity and kindness found here regularly. The members of this community reach out to each other through our common love of the chili. We trade secrets about growing and processing chillies. We share recipes for Hot Sauces made fresh or slowly fermented. There's brewing for those in the community with a passion for beer and wine even some distilled spirits. A BBQ lovers section filled with incredible feats of smoked perfection. And just general everyday info about our likes and dislikes. And what's going on in our lives good and bad. We share a little of our lives each day . But the truth of this community is the bond we share has made us more then just a web page of chili head's. It's made us a Family.

Our business community and vendors ship their products worldwide yet take the time to share trade secrets with the everyday members looking to improve a sauce or how to bottle a favorite. They assist members looking to start their own business with valuable information they gained from years of experience without a second thought. Then there's the huge donations they make with money and products for auctions to help members in need. I should know I was lucky enough to be helped by these incredible people/ family.

To New members I say take time to meet the individuals who make up THP. The pepper people you'll meet here are far more than just members of a web site. They are brothers and sisters. This is not just a family here in the states but worldwide. Our members come from every corner of the world. Yet we let no language barrier or cultural differences get in the way.
Our love for the simple chili has brought us together and created a bond that in this members life he's rarely seen. So to new members I say take time to meet these wonderful people. Your lives we be richer for it. I know mine has.
This community looks out for its members on a level rarely seen in the outside world. Without judgment they lend a helping hand to those in need. They stand at the ready to help others who have fallen on hard times small and large. There always ready with a pat on the back or if needed a serious conversation about something that's troubling you. They cast no judgement only lend and ear when needed or a shoulder to lean on and sometimes cry on. They ask nothing in return only your friendship. The selfless act's you see here each day are commonplace in this community.
But it's so much more.
The members take pride in our community and are quick to call out any injustice they see. And is usually handled with decorum. Though as in many families there are times when hotter head's prevail. But it's usually squashed by that night or the next day. With minimal feelings hurt except of course for the painful hangovers that usually are associated with those little squabbles. Hahaha
The friendships I've made here are as deep as any I've made in my life. Both military and civilian. I've always believed that in life if you could count good friends you've made in your life on one hand you've done well. And in my life I was happy to say I could count them on both hands. But since coming here in the last two years of my life I gained more true friends then I can count on all my hands and toes and other parts :evil: hahaha sorry.

So to all of you I know call my friend's. I will always have a special place in my heart for you. You will always be family to me as will this community be a second home. I hope in some small way this message conveys the gratitude and love Heather and I have for you all. And though we may not be rich we feel such joy for having you all as friends no man or woman of wealth will ever have so much as we. THANK You for making us feel so special.
Sincerely and humbly,
Heather and Grant

This is why you are a shining star in this community my friend. Beautifully spoken words, and a sentiment I think many of us share.

You called members here "family", and that's truly what they are. Family help their own when they are in need, when they are unwell, or when they are plain out of luck. As it happened, you ticked all three boxes!  :P

You and Heather are great people who don't deserve the many unfortunate difficulties life has thrown at you. You deserve all the good things and more, that have, and will come your way. 

SR.

I haven't been on much as of late, and I really miss everything you mentioned. I find this community to be one of the finest I have had the pleasure of being part of. The drunken ramblings and all of the support for each other when it is needed can all be found in one nice little package. It seems like you are doing well Old Salty, keep it that way!

Shorerider said:
This is why you are a shining star in this community my friend. Beautifully spoken words, and a sentiment I think many of us share.

You called members here "family", and that's truly what they are. Family help their own when they are in need, when they are unwell, or when they are plain out of luck. As it happened, you ticked all three boxes!  :P

You and Heather are great people who don't deserve the many unfortunate difficulties life has thrown at you. You deserve all the good things and more, that have, and will come your way. 

SR.

Thank You Mate you are a True Brother
ronaldo_fanbelt said:
I haven't been on much as of late, and I really miss everything you mentioned. I find this community to be one of the finest I have had the pleasure of being part of. The drunken ramblings and all of the support for each other when it is needed can all be found in one nice little package. It seems like you are doing well Old Salty, keep it that way!
Thanks ronaldo i'm trying brother.  :P
hogleg said:
Dammit Grant, ya makin' me misty

Much love  :cool:  
Back at ya my Brother haha
salsalady said:
You honor us with your friendship, it is our privilege to help when we can.
God Bless always~
SL
The Honor is all mine Ann  :P   
Thank You 

Well said OS and you are right as I've been involved in many different online communities with all of my various hobbies and obsessions over the years and this one stands far and above them all. Kudos !

Back