• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

A one sided lover- pepper -love relationship- Cutting the leaves off of one side??

Would this mean my pepper plant would be left-handed,left-foliaged? Would the chillies grow on the other side, if it had a one-sided relationship with a light source? Semi- serious!

the plant would bend towards the light source.

What is a cool thought would be, if you had a 6500K on one side and a 6500k on the other side (by side I mean left side and right side, not above) would the plant grow sideways??? This would be interesting to test out.

would this cause outward growth and stunt the upward growth? Would the ultimate outcome be good or bad. Hmmmm. Now I want to try this out. :hell:

Plants will grow toward the light source. Common practice with house plants receiving window light is to rotate the plants 1/4 turn everyday or so. That will result in a balanced looking plant.
Just remember lack of light = lack of growth. You can train your plants however you'd like. Some people trim the back side of the plants which face a house or a garage to encourage frontal growth.
Grape vines get lateral training, so can indoor
plants when there's an issue with plant height vs. lighting.
A lopsided plant usually occurs when a branch gets split or cracks away from the main stem...

Greg

Back