• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A picture of a stick

WarrantMan said:
[SIZE=12pt]One year, my dad was between jobs and we rarely ever had any meat to eat. I remember on more than one occasion my dad would save a large gristle from a piece of meat. He would tie a piece of string to it, let me chew on it and swallow it until I felt “full” and then pull it out and let my little brother have it for a while. Tough times… But I digress.[/SIZE]

When I was a kid, we were so poor, that my parents couldn't afford gifts at Christmas time. So as not to let me feel left out, my parents used to cut the pockets out of all of my pants, so that I'd have something to play with.

Voodoo 6 said:
There are actually people in the crowd, for the stick beating championship it looks sold out. Whats going on there???

It is sad really (for me that is). Lack of world knowledge and being uncultured as a youth, I am horrified that I missed the boat. Could've been great glory days as I believe that I might have been a serious contender. Who knows? Maybe I missed some great sponsorships from Louisville Slugger or some broom companies... What a cool trophy it must be.... I can imagine it now...

"Son, that golden stick is when I won the US stick beating championship South Eastern division."  "Some dude in Hoboken, beat me in the finals, rumors were that he was using Red Oak that was banned." "Yeah I shoulda won that one, he was probably using anabolics too, they didn't test in those days..."

"That stick in the corner?" "Your mother and I don't discuss that one." Remember when Dad went away for a few days and came back with with lumps on his head?" "Well, we don't believe in domestic violence and remember that no matter how bad mom burns dinner, it is always 'great!" 

"Did I ever tell you about the time I beat your Uncle in a sword fight?"  "Well I found this cool stick with a vine growing on it......."

Back