water A quality watering wand... does such a thing exist?

I bet I've bought at least a dozen watering wands over the years. Some were cheap, some were quite expensive, some telescoping, some not, etc. They all had one thing in common though. They all started leaking and/or broke in a year and a half or less (usually less than one season). Most of the time they either start leaking around the handle/trigger, or break due to cheap plastic parts. The only ones that seem to last are the very simple ones without a trigger (constantly on), but those suck. I'm admittedly somewhat hard on things, but not excessively, and I'm careful to not let them freeze with water in them.

Last year I bought a fancy telescoping one for like 50 bucks that worked great until I barely bumped it a month later and snapped the entire head off (100% plastic). This year I bought another cheap non-telescoping one and it's been leaking for weeks now. It's driving me nuts!  :banghead:

Has anyone found a watering wand with a trigger and adjustable flow that's built to last? I do like telescopic ones, but that's not a totally necessary feature for me.

Thanks!

I bought one at Lowe's last year, do not know the brand, but it was not expensive, maybe $20? I just checked their website, but I did not see it listed anymore.

It has adjustable flow, squeeze handle with 'on' hook. Not telescoping, though. Aluminum wand and head, plastic handle.

No leaks or other problems after two years of use.

You could make an indestructable homebrew from copper tube and standard john guest push fittings in about 5 minutes, it`ll never leak. Fit a JG to Hozelock connector at one end of the tube for the water supply, a shut-off valve to control the flow, JG female socket to male thread fitting at the other end to match the rose thread. You can make curved/angled lances using a bending spring. A bit of copper tube with one end squished almost flat in a vice makes a great power nozzle for hosing concrete. To attach it, use a JG double female pushfit connector in place of the male thread/rose.

hey musk, this is the time of year, all garden accessories are on clearance pricing!  just get cheap, cheap, cheap! for the trigger models, you can always get the small flow adapter that comes with a lot of the cheappies and the little adapters break as well.

part of my fall clean up..............buy new water wand for next season!  and stay away from the gimmick oxygenating water wand from Pure Rain, the sucker that buys that one.

These cheap-asses
WateringWandscopy.jpg

Plus a water breaker, and one of these
Watering_Wand_Pro_by_Dramm_6__20332_large.jpeg

Avoids the shit-tacular all-in-one combos with their leaky valves and uncleanable parts. The handles are epic. After an hour or so of watering, your thumb isn't worn to a bloody nub. The hose joint at the end of the wand can wear out, but that's with rough use and variable on how much you spent.

I just gave up on them and do it the old fashioned way now. Simple spray nozzle and reach in to water the soil for each one. Kinda sucks but I just tell myself all that kneeling down and bending over is good excercise.

I use a simple, cheap wand with this brass shut off valve. I can easily vary the water pressure, and it won't break off if dropped. Triggers on wands are prone to leaking/breaking.

41aoh2e7pLL._SX450_.jpg

Back