A review of the Manzano, Hugeus giganticus

This is a Manzano I found at a local supermarket. I actually found a lot of them and continue to do so  :P

I`m moving for the taxonomists to remove it from the Capsicum genus and create the genus Hugeus for it  :rofl:

Smokemaster has shown us his Dino Egg Manzanos and I suspect this is from the same supplier/grower in Northern California. They are truly awesome peppers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9XHCp9NY0I&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Fine review, Nigel!  Thanks.

Those really look (and sound) delicious.  You must have to be careful the juice doesn't splash into you eyes.
Your reference to bell pepper flavor is a plus for me.  I love the flavor of a ripe bell.  I have some orange ones ripe now that I find so sweet and delicious
I won't cook them.  I want to eat them all raw.

If you have enough, set a few seeds of those aside for me when we get together on the others.

PM me your addy - I'll have the CGN 21500 ready to go soon.

Breakfast of champions my friend for sure. Sounded like you were eating a carrot I had the pleasure of eating one last year. Shane sent me one. Was the juiciest pepper ever. I am so jealous. I would love to see those stuffed with pork and cheese and grilled. Now that is a dinner of champions. Play on  :rofl:

That thing is huge.

Your review makes me even more impatient for my monzano to ripen so I can try it. Just like yours, mine didn't set any pods over the summer heat. I just noticed some about a month ago and they are decent size now, just not ripe yet.

Jeff H said:
That thing is huge.

Your review makes me even more impatient for my monzano to ripen so I can try it. Just like yours, mine didn't set any pods over the summer heat. I just noticed some about a month ago and they are decent size now, just not ripe yet.
They take forever to ripen. Or longer. Hope yours get there soon, as I`m sure you will love them.

Back