A spicy ethnic Fried food

Hello all,

First of all, a big thank you to the moderators/contributers/creators of this forum. I went through the back articles and read up and found a whole wealth of information from the different postings.

I have been thinking of starting a food business - selling different types of fried spicy ethnic foods. They are similar to potato chips, yet different :)
This has been prepared in our family for generations and most people who eat them seem to like them.
I saw from most of past postings that new development has been in different types of sauces dry-rubs etc. My product is something that would need to be fried and then packaged. Does anyone here have experience in this area? Are there any obvious roadblocks to having a "fried" product versus preparing something like a sauce for a new startup with limited capital?

Thanks and Regards,
Madhu

First of all, welcome to the site!

Secondly, check out the sticky at the top of this section. There's a wealth of information there on how to start up your business. Also, call up your local health department and see what kind of requirements they have. It's a little different everywhere.

There would be no real difference except for the equipment used for frying and packaging.

Thanks for the wishes everyone.

The sticky at the top does have a lot of information. I'm in process of exploring the different links and articles that I found there.

I think, the best way for me to proceed would be to get a co-packer (that way, I would not have to worry "too much" about FDA regulations etc.).
I'll be talking to a couple of experts in this area next week and will find out if my recipe is something that can be manufactured commercially.
The next step after that would be to find co-packers who can do that...I'll have to find someone who is ready to do prototype or test within my budget :)

Will keep you all updated on how it goes.

Regards,
Madhu

Back