A Tale of 3 Symptoms. Intriguing Superhot Pictoral Mystery. PLEASE ADVISE.

[SIZE=medium]This is a mystery for the ages. Your considered advice could help to change the course of pepperkind. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]JUST THE FACTS, MA’AM![/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]STRAINS: 1x Giant Jalapeno, 2x Atomic Starfish, 1x White Habanero, 1x Carolina Reaper, 1x Butch T, 1x Ghost Pepper.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]CONTAINERS: 8 main plants. 6 in 5 gallon Smartpots, 2 in 16oz plastic cups, and the remainder seedlings stagnate in the original Jiffy tray, entangling one another in their rooty goodness.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]POTTING SOIL = Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix 0.18-0.10-0.10[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]LIGHTS = Sunblaster T5. Two are 3’ in length and one is 2’ feet in length. Set for 18 hours on and 6 hours off. They turn on at 6AM EST and turn off at 12AM EST. Over the course of the grow, they have varied from 2” to 5” above the plants.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]FERTILIZER = Schultz 10-15-10 Liquid Plant Food Concentrate with 0.1% Iron, 0.05% Manganese and 0.05% Zinc. Instructions dictate that for indoor houseplants, 7 drops (0.53 ml) per litre of water every time you water. Alternately, they proscribe instead using 14 drops (1.05ml) per litre of water for feeding once or twice per month.    [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]A CHRONOLOGY OF PAIN![/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Week 0. The stage is set. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Week 1. April 3, 2013. The plants start hooking from the depths. The miracle of life. Ponder that.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Week 4. April 30, 2013.  I blast these fools with 14 drops of Schultz madness.  [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Week 5. May 13, 2013. I hit these suckers up with 7 drops of the SIZZURP![/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Week 6.5. May 18, 2013. Here we are. The status quo. Symptoms abound. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]A PICTURE IS WORTH ONE THOUSAND WORDS! WEEEK 6.5!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]An overview of the setup on Week 6.5.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]
K1CMsFa.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Atomic Starfish.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]
DMC2cwk.jpg
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Butch T.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]
QvaEO6j.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Carolina Reaper[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]
4sTrVsH.jpg
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Ghost Pepper.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]
I8hS1ml.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Giant Jalapeno.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]
8CJk4YA.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Giant Jalapeno Stem closeup.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]
B97r3Vt.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]White habanero.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]
e85uKXX.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The unwashed masses. The blacksheep of my kitchen.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]
jeRCmoZ.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TRIUMVERATE OF WONDER! YOUR SAGE ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED ON THESE QUESTIONS!![/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]The manifest questions here are three. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Notice that there is discoloration in the newer top leaves of all plants. CAUSES? SOLUTION?[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Plants are typified by deep green, dark leaves having a somewhat bubbly, crinkled appearance. CAUSES? SOLUTION?[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]The giant jalapeno tipped over early in the game from an unknown exhaustion. This fighter bounced back, he won’t be beaten down in this struggle for existence. He wills on. RAAAAGE!!!! Nevertheless his leaves (not to mention those of most others) are somewhat drooped, kissing the earth. CAUSES? SOLUTION?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Thank you very much chileheads of planet earth!!!!!! [/SIZE]

Could be iron deficiency. Perhaps try spritzing leaves with Cal-Mag plus at a maximum of 1 teaspoon per gallon. This solution worked for me when my new leaves were all yellow and even turning white! The bubbling could be a slight Calcium deficiency which Cal-Mag will also correct.

:welcome:    I think you should let them dry out, MG soil is supposed to had 3 months worth of nutes there should not be a need to add more at this time.   If I was gonna add something it would be Epsom Salt,  remember every time you repot you add more nutes so take it easy.  Lots of rookies love their plants to death, be patient good things will come your way.

• [SIZE=medium]Notice that there is discoloration in the newer top leaves of all plants. CAUSES? SOLUTION?[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Plants are typified by deep green, dark leaves having a somewhat bubbly, crinkled appearance. CAUSES? SOLUTION?[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]The giant jalapeno tipped over early in the game from an unknown exhaustion. This fighter bounced back, he won’t be beaten down in this struggle for existence. He wills on. RAAAAGE!!!! Nevertheless his leaves (not to mention those of most others) are somewhat drooped, kissing the earth. CAUSES? SOLUTION?[/SIZE]

1. Pale but even new leaves = sulfur deficiency, see p. 7 of: http://landresources.montana.edu/NM/Modules/NM%209%20mt44499.pdf but from your pics the new growth looks good to me

2. Dark bubbly leaves = normal c. chinense growth

3. Your "giant jalapeno" plant looks more like some chinense variety so...?

4. Your plants look fine, just back off on the water a little

Some of mine under the Shultz. these grew very healthy and nice. So no need to worry, try cal-mag on the ones that have bubbly leaves. Here's a few pics to compare. I quit the Shultz after they got to at least 6 inches tall and the just tea.

Before:
IMG_20130217_085836.jpg

After:

20130516_211441.jpg

Before:

IMG_20130216_215649.jpg

After:
20130519_064228.jpg

, Vegas

Back