A thought on edema

My Jalapeños have had edema bad and it has gotten worse, so much so that when I came home last night they had lost a bunch of leaves and really didn't look long for the world. I picked more leaves off and they just looked awful. They had always been a little sparce. Well last night for reasons unknown to me I gave em both a big drink of both AF 5-1-1 and Maxicrop Seaweed and BAM today both are looking great again. They are greener, more robust looking and perky. Here's my thought feel free to ridicule it lol. We know AF is mostly nitrogen and nitrogen grows leaves and it is through these leaves that water transpires. The healthier and more plentiful the leaves the more efficient a plant should be at transpiring water ... SO .. could edema be somehow caused by not enough nitrogen or not being able to use nitrogen? Or at the very least could a plant healthy in nitrogen be more resistant to edema. I'm gonna watch how these two do and see ifthey improve . Thoughts??

No edema is from to much moisture and watering when its too humid kind of a combo of both

Yea I get that but was just thinking if a plant was healthy without leaves and vigorous then maybe it could better disapate that moisture because it had more area from which to do it. My healthy plants with many leaves are not affected as much by the edema yet they are in the exact same environment ? Just a thought maybe I'm just full of it lol

I thought the same thing too. Turns out that in my case, excess moisture was the problem. I could confirm this because edema was the worst in areas where leaves touched other leaves, causing excess moisture to collect there. after opening a vent hole, the tent isn't as hot and humid as before, but it certainly solved the problem for me.

Yea I get that but was just thinking if a plant was healthy without leaves and vigorous then maybe it could better disapate that moisture because it had more area from which to do it. My healthy plants with many leaves are not affected as much by the edema yet they are in the exact same environment ? Just a thought maybe I'm just full of it lol

Yes, a healthier plant will have more root mass, which means the plant absorbs things better/faster, such as water, nutes, light etc. If we're on the same page??? Also, a healthier plant is also more capable of fighting off things. edema being one of them

Back