food A tribute to Justaguy and SalsaLady

I have been fortunate enough to have been sent two packages this week from two great members here, Justaguy and SalsaLady. Couple that with the fact that wings are on sale for the unbelievable price of $1.19 at the local grocery and this is what you get. I did sample Justaguy's sauces on wings the other night, but I want to do it proper this time and cook it right into them. Here's some pics.

100_8948.jpg

100_8949.jpg

100_8950.jpg

100_8952.jpg

Consider this a teaser, reviews will be forthcoming. I will tell you that even though some of these are "fruit sauces" my head is nearly blown off right now and I have only eaten a half dozen so far. :mouthonfire:

can't wait to hear what you have to say. i love grilled wings. i have some of salsa lady's ghost fire sauce and love it.

I should say in case someone doesn't recognize the bottles, SL sent me her Texas Creek Ghost Fire Sauce which is a bhut, Red Savina, chipotle kind of smokey sauce. Justaguy sent me his Tongue Wrapper blueberry naga sauce, his Habermelon which is a watermelon sauce, and his Piney Hab sauce which is pineapple based. They SOUND tame. They are not.

Oh man they look sooooo good, This has inspired me to have a BBQ today. I will use the last of Candice's smokey jolokia sauces up and warm my cockles.

JayT what a collection there of wings. I have Ghost Fire sauce in route from SL and had a big slurp of the Piney Hab today. Piney Hab is excellent. Looking forward to the final reviews, man them wings look great. And to think all I'm doing is putting a tri tip on the grill, maybe I oughta go back to the store and regroup.

Haven't tried the berry or the melon yet.

JayT what a collection there of wings. I have Ghost Fire sauce in route from SL and had a big slurp of the Piney Hab today. Piney Hab is excellent. Looking forward to the final reviews, man them wings look great. And to think all I'm doing is putting a tri tip on the grill, maybe I oughta go back to the store and regroup.

Haven't tried the berry or the melon yet.

They are all good. The Tongue Wrapper has the wrong name, it should be Tongue Puller Outer. It is great tasting, and it is the hottest of these four. Honestly I think the Habermelon is my favorite of Justaguy's sauces. The bottle is nearly gone. Oh wait so is the PineyHab. I kind of doubt this will be the last time I have these sauces...

I just got SL's package and I really like the Ghost Fire, great smokey taste. Totally different from Justaguy's fruit based sauces which I love the sweet hot, like HBD's

I have been working on a bottle of Ghost Fire for a few months, great replacement for ketchup on hamburgers and hotdogs.......

I just ordered some Ghost Fire. Can't wait to try it. I love the smokey flavor sauces, just not my thing to make. Is it good to marinade meat in? I need to find a new smokey flavor marinade because the JD is getting to be boring

Just with my couple of teaspoons tasting Ghost Fire tonight I think it would be a great marinade, especially for pork or chicken.

All of the sauces rock! Justa is the best kept secret out there and SL... ummmmm... what can one say other than... hott damn :dance:

Can`t go wrong with either or :onfire:

Yes McHottie. The watermelon flavor is very prevalent until the heat hits. It is a fantastic sauce.

I am wondering about the smokey of the Ghost Fire Sauce, is it a standard smokey(yum) or a flavor like mesquite or applewood(double yum)????

The GFS showed up awhile ago and is almost gone. I think I will bake some onto wings like you did. Been using it on pork loin and burgers mostly so far, but wings will be a good way to finish the bottle. Once again SalsaLady...Great sauce.

Back