• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

AACT brewing time and duration until usage??

So I have read through the AACT sticky numerous times and have gathered a wealth of useful info. I have currently been brewing my own AACT now for roughly a month. Due to my busy schedule with work and family I cant always get around to using it once I am done brewing it at the 24 - 48 hour mark.

My question is this...If the foam/head goes away, is the brew still good to use? I have it constantly aerated with 3 air stones in the 5 gallon bucket I use. Can I just let it aerate until I get around to using it with out any negative effects etc?

I started mine 3 days and about 52 hrs, and it's still foaming. yesterday the foam seemed kinda weak and I added 2 teaspoons of molasses and the foam came back and it still looks good and smells the same after the 24 hr period (recommended time to brew).

One of the things is that some guys in the sticky say that @ 24 hrs it's for fungi benefit and longer like 48 hrs is for bacterial benefit.

I really wouldn't know a good answer to your question, but in the sticky it says you can keep it brewing as long as you're feeding the bacteria and fungi with molasses or other sugar source along with some organic matter like rotten vegetables or fruit.

Hope this helps.

,Vegas

Back