• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

AACT tea and chicken manure?

Can composted chicken manure be useds as one of the "guanos" in an AACT tea? Anyone here use chicken manure in this manner?

In aact, you really do not need to add any manures or guanos.
A handful of garden soil, some fresh grass clippings and some worm castings will contain all the microbes and fungi you need. Give them molasses to eat and enough air in the water and they multiply infinitely until the food source dwindles.
I think the Guanos and manures should be in the soil not the tea. Adding all these extra ingredients can work against the purpose or help, but how do know which without properly analysis?
I only add a small bit of an organic fertilizer, mainly for it's additional bacteria and fungi it contains, to the basics I listed above.
I have also read not to include manures and Guanos in aact to prevent from inducing a dangerous mix, to us, of bad bacteria.
Having plenty of organic material in the soil beforehand, for the tea to process, is my goal.
Keeping it simple is also my goal.

Good luck either way! :)

Thanks. I understand what you're saying, but I was referring to the AACT tutorial wherein various guanos are included. Frankly, I think keeping the fert separate from the AACT is a safer bet towards success.

Roguejim said:
Thanks. I understand what you're saying, but I was referring to the AACT tutorial wherein various guanos are included. Frankly, I think keeping the fert separate from the AACT is a safer bet towards success.
I say follow that!

Back