• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

About raised garden beds...

I have a pretty small yard, probably only 150 sq feet total. It's perfectly square, but what I wanna do is make it four different sections with rows in between so I can get to all of the different sections. How should I go about making these beds? And what type of soil should I use to mix in with the top soil? And also, what should I use to fertilize the ground? I plan on growing 3 Big Boy tomato plants, along with my peppers (3 yellow hab and 2 serrano). Also, my mom wants to plant some flowers. So should I use different ferts for all of the beds depending on what im going to put in it? I've never done raised beds before so any advice on them would be great. And what size boards should I use? I was thinking like 2x8 with 2 inches buried? I dont know though, so ya. Thanks guys!

try this thread,it should help.
as for dirt I use Miricale Grow potting soil,cow compost,and a little garden soil from Scotts.I try to keep the soil loose with using mostly the potting soil.I have used the moisture control stuff but I didn't see much difference between the two.also you have to monitor the soil closely because in a raised bed the dirt will dry out faster than an in ground garden.The above is just my opnion,I have sucsess with this mix.the best way to know how to fert. is to take samples of your dirt to your local extension office to be tested.I'm not sure about fees in your area.good luck,keep asking questions.

Back