• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

according to wiki...

HotPeppas

Banned
It says tabasco are the only variety that are not dry on the inside. Um... i just had a hot wax pepper and when i bit into it water gushed out

Why does wiki claim this??

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabasco_pepper#section_2

Who writes all the content on wiki.......anybody who can type.

Not real experts.........right?

It says tabasco are the only variety that are not dry on the inside. Um... i just had a hot wax pepper and when i bit into it water gushed out

Why does wiki claim this??

http://en.m.wikipedi...epper#section_2

The way wiki works is, it is compiled by the public. So you would type in "and also the hot wax pepper" and it would show up. See. It is just a bunch of people adding info. Is it correct? To the person that added it it is.

That's the other side of the information source of the internet. While its often faster, cheaper and easier to find info out there, anyone can type anything they want. After a while you read and study a bit you can identify reliable information sources.

Also, why would you look anywhere but here for the most indepth, progressive, and trustworthy pepper info?
You think Wiki, can even comprehend the knowledge of peppers here? I think not.

My 2¢

Lol, I can only immagine what comes up when you google Tabasco. Lol

Good for you for reading up. I take everything I read, or hear, and come up with my own "rounded" opinion.
You can never learn to much.

Wiki is a great place for referencing facts. (when was prohibition eg.)
As far as research/cutting edge info, NOT. It's cool to check in on them once and a while, and see what they're saying now.
Check out Bhut Jolokia in Wiki. For a smile.

I was randomly checking wikipedia yesterday and saw this. Always double check wikipedia facts, people mess around with the pages trying to be funny

wikierror.png

Wiki's caption states it the best "Free encyclopedia" Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.
I've been growing things for most of my life to include peppers, and cooking as well. Yet every day I spend here really digging about I'm learning something.
And It's more reliable and friendly here than out there in the cold internets.

Back